Feedback for Artglass Bowl

cridco
Community Member

Hi,

I received a message from an ebay user this morning regarding an item I have for sale: 

Vintage green white swirl art glass bowl, pedestal centre 17cm w x 8 cm H

The message from the ebay user read: You need to tone down the photo shoots you are screwing people

The inference is that I am misrepresenting the bowl. Photo was taken with bowl in a black cube shelf. It does display beautifully in a black cube. Photo was taken on an ipad with no photoshopping. I put another photo of the bowl in a different setting. 

I would be interested to hear other feedback.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Feedback for Artglass Bowl

Perhaps have the picture of the white background as your initial pic. Instead of so many black pics, maybe add just a third one of the bowl in a natural setting ie: on a table with some fruit, for example.

You could add into the description that when displayed against various backgrounds, the item will reflect its colours slightly differently.

Oh, and I would block this potential buyer - you will have issues if they decide to purchase, I can guarantee it.

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

I think your photo's are very good. Nothing wrong with using contrasting background colours to make an item " pop ". I have a range of different colour fabric sheets I use as backdrops to photograph items, changing them to contrast the individual item.

If you havnt used photo shop or trick lighting, you havnt done anything wrong. I might even use a black plastic cube myself in future. It seems to work well. ( always learning new stuff on the forums )

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

What is with the few on white background - where there is no irridescence - only green. ??

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Did you use a black light for the very colourful pics?

It certainly doesn't look like the same bowl when photographed on white.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

It looks like two different bowls to me, when comparing the black background to the white background photos 

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

I can understand the members question. 

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Yes, they look quite different.

Was the photo with the white background also taken with the iPad? Does your iPad have a flash that might have caused some effects on the black background?

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

I would still like an answer to the lighting question.

Is it photographed with a black light or fibre optic lighting?

It has a sort of glow to it like uranium glass does.

But the style suggests it's not that old to be depression glass.

The foot is all wrong.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

It looks a bit like iridescence?

Iridescence - Wikipedia

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

cridco
Community Member

No, the swirls are green and white

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

It was photographed inside with normal lighting on ipad without any black light or optic lighting. Actually the photographing of both is just the same but one in a black cube shelf and one in another standard room. The colour pronouncement in the one with the black background is a result of it being taken in a cube of black shelving

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply