76 per cent want poll on same sex marriage

dellynt
Community Member

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/08/17/06/25/most-want-vote-on-gay-marriage-poll

As thetopic says....  76 per cent want a poll only people that dont are the hysterical rabid left who are trying to shove this down our throats... wonder why they are so scared of a poll...

bring on a plebiscite or referendum... let the people decide. 

Message 1 of 374
Latest reply
373 REPLIES 373

Re: 76 per cent want poll on same sex marriage

@djlukjilly wrote:

@azureline** wrote:

@djlukjilly wrote:

My niece on my husbans side is gay and likes to top. I wouldn't dream of asking her what else she practices or her choice in clothes, it's none of my business and nobody else's business either. Just like how offensive it would be to a hetro.

My best friend is gay and one of the most beautiful human beings I know. He married his soul mate then his partner got aids and my friend carried him all around Egypt when he couldn't walk so they could share their last months together.

I was the first person he rang when his partner died and I can honestly say his agony was palpable.

Objectifying people on how they look or dress is disgusting and shameful.

Your gay best friend......... is that kind of committment exclusive to gays?

So that's all you got out my post.

no, I got several things but only asked about 2 of them......

Message 351 of 374
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@azureline** wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

@azureline** wrote:

@*julia*2010 wrote:

My niece on my husbans side is gay and likes to top.

how on earth would you know that ?

how do you top?

Now I really believe you were in a pretendy marriage lol

why? I was never in a pretendy marriage, have the certificate and the man..... definitely not a pretence.

I have never heard that expression.... but I have never discussed the physical side of sex with friends or family, gay or hetero.......what they do is none of my business.... and vice versa.

ok well I'm going to explain it to you either lol

not going to explain it, I mean lol

Message 352 of 374
Latest reply

No need, further reflection indicates she means "on top" I assume?

I didn't think that was exclusive to being gay either.

This is an interesting read.

The lack of opportunity for the gay and lesbian community to legally and socially validate their committed relationships not only affects the couples involved but also their families.  Same-sex attracted individuals do not exist on the fringe of society or in isolation.  They are someone’s son, daughter, mother, father, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, grandparent, or grandchild.  Having a family member treated differently by the community at large can negatively impact the family as a whole. 

Those who argue against same-sex marriage in the name of ‘the family’ seem to overlook the many heterosexual family members that are adversely affected by the social exclusion of one of their own.

Message 353 of 374
Latest reply

@bluecat*stopsdancing wrote:

its a non-issue

actually it can be from a feminist

point of view but you're right in the sense

that its a whole other issue.

Message 354 of 374
Latest reply

@opmania wrote:

I have no problem with gays

What I have a  problem with

Is with gays getting married 

And even morso with taking a child

Into that relationship

You want to be accepted you want to be heard

You want to be loved you want to have a baby

You want you want you want

And for people like myself who have accepted gays

Without question in workplace and day to day life

And enabled Gay people to live their lives without

Mockery and defended you more than once

Gays have not made this journey alone

Although I'm sure they think they have

It's only because they are fortunate to live in a 

Tolerant society that they are where they are at now

And for people like myself  who have been supportive

Of Your quest for equality I feel like you are shafting us

Now that you have got there by stealing the one and

Only thing left that defines heterosexuals

So if you want to change the rules so you can marry

Change it so you can marry in a civil Union

And leave marriage alone

Marriage is the only thing left that "defines heterosexuals"?

Huh??

See it's this kind of thinking that gives SSM opponents a bad name. Because none of their arguments ever make any sense.

What on EARTH does it even mean? What does you being attracted to the opposite sex have to do with the definition of marriage?  How does marriage even affect your heterosexuality? And how is SSM "stealing" whatever it is that you are talking about?

I'm scratching my head over that one...

Message 355 of 374
Latest reply

See it's this kind of thinking that gives SSM opponents a bad name. Because none of their arguments ever make any sense.

in your opinion, what kind of thinking/arguments

opposing ssm would make sense?

Message 356 of 374
Latest reply

@*julia*2010 wrote:

in your opinion, what kind of thinking/arguments

opposing ssm would make sense?

Given that I am FOR same sex marriage I am at a loss to understand why I should have to think of an argument opposing it.

But feel free to come up with some logical arguments from your standpoint.

Message 357 of 374
Latest reply

stealing the one and

Only thing left that defines heterosexuals

Heterosexual: sexually attracted to people of the opposite sex.

Homosexual: sexually attracted to people of the same sex.

(both from the Merriam-Webster Dictionary)

You will note that neither of these descriptions includes any mention of  physical appearance, manner of dress or marriage (pretendy or otherwise) In fact according to all the dictionaries I have consulted the one and only thing that defines heterosexuals is their sexual orientation.

Message 358 of 374
Latest reply

Some people just have a belief that marriage is, and should be, the union of a man and a woman. I dont think they should need to justify their beliefs to anybody, nor do I believe that makes them homophobic.

Insisting that opponents to same sex marriage explain themselves is kind of rude really.

I'm more than happy for homosexual couples to marry, it really has no effect on me at all. My father in law is opposed to it as I'm sure many of the older generation are, they have an idea about what marriage is and they are more set in their ways than younger people. I dont think he should be demonised for that opinion.

I was surprised to see that more than 50% of christians support same sex marriage, I wonder if the same can be said for other religions? Personally, like my example above, I think the older generation probably make up the bulk of the opposition which is why as time goes on we see more and more support for the changing of the law.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 359 of 374
Latest reply

@*julia*2010 wrote:

She was referred to as a "butch rocker" originally in the Washington Post. And now because some woman in a blog says the same thng then it must be true?

nope.  she was nominated and voted 

as top 25 most powerful butches.

Melissa E actually took exception to being called that and wrote about it in a book on her life.

yep, she did.

I still say she is simply a beautiful woman regrowing her hair after chemo.

yep, never said she wasn't beautiful.

butch does not mean ugly Smiley Sad

Nothing butch about her or most of the women in that silly blog excpet in the authors mond.

you didn't read it, did you..

In that context butch is just being used as an alternative (somewhat derogatory) term for lesbian by those who refuse to use the correct term.

Message 360 of 374
Latest reply