A community update?

cee-dee
Community Member

Hiya folks, long time no see but have to seen the update to the UK boards? Have a look at my links eh? One is to the Round Table, the other is to the Community Update.

Do you fancy having the same down here? It hasn't had a good reception in the UK so as your board layout is the easy-to-use layout I wondered what you thought of it?

The Round Table - The eBay Community

Community Updates - The eBay Community

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 122
Latest reply
121 REPLIES 121

Re: A community update?

Not your fault, certainly got a bit lively there for a bit, and yes I checked out the UK boards, so NOT a fan

Mate  we are currently at around World War 68,794   some of us [me] clearly have too much time on our hands.

Message 101 of 122
Latest reply

Not your fault... no worries... give Petal my regards!

Message 102 of 122
Latest reply

Hiya, you've not been over for a while? You'll find Petal on the Gif thread. This link may not open on page 996 if you're not signed in on the UK and it may go to the very first page.

Solved: Gifs, pics and graphics - Page 996 - The eBay Community

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 103 of 122
Latest reply

@cee-dee wrote:

I'm sorry folks, I only wanted to ask you what you thought about the changes they'd made to the UK forums, I didn't mean to start World War Three down here. Smiley Sad

LOL World War III happens a lot on these boards. 

It's almost inevitable worse luck...thanks for certain protagonists (they know who they are).

I often read the UK boards (mostly to do with international selling to keep up to date as I collect stuff popular there, but I also read some of the recreational topics as well) but since your original post I've had a look and can't find a darn thing.  What a disaster. 

You have my sympathy....but I wondering how I too am going to find the info I seek on them as well.  Stupid changes like this can affect more than regular eBay UK clients, drat it.

Message 104 of 122
Latest reply

Had a quick look at the UK - can't make head nor tail - no rhyme no reason - really messed.

Nothing like the US or Aus Boards.

Well - except for the badges on the US.

Message 105 of 122
Latest reply

@cee-dee wrote:

I'm sorry folks, I only wanted to ask you what you thought about the changes they'd made to the UK forums, I didn't mean to start World War Three down here. Smiley Sad

I just had another look at the SB, they've done the same platform there

No likey

Signatures suck.
Message 106 of 122
Latest reply

I too just had a look at the US Board.

Good grief - if that happens here - it's whoosh.

Firstly the threads are only date based - meaning - the last newest thread stays ontop - being the latest date.

Any thread - like Blokes & Sheilas - will be so far back - due the date the thread was begun.

At the moment here - the last comment made on any thread goes to the top - if changed to the UK or US style - you would have to find the thread - scroll - scroll - scroll again - to find the last comment.

It's ridiculous - and would sound a death knell for here.

Whoever came up with this - isn't even residing on this planet.

Message 107 of 122
Latest reply

It is a worry, but I think the death knell is what they're aiming for

Message 108 of 122
Latest reply

Well, that explains a lot to me !

I visited over in SB to see what all the hoo hah was about, and frankly I thought the boards sucked, ours are way better.

Now I realise they have been changed also it makes sense. 

I couldn't figure out why you all were saying 'oh no the US is way better than UK'  when it looked the like the same hashup to me.

Message 109 of 122
Latest reply

Kat - the US board only changed virtually overnight.

Message 110 of 122
Latest reply