A community update?

cee-dee
Community Member

Hiya folks, long time no see but have to seen the update to the UK boards? Have a look at my links eh? One is to the Round Table, the other is to the Community Update.

Do you fancy having the same down here? It hasn't had a good reception in the UK so as your board layout is the easy-to-use layout I wondered what you thought of it?

The Round Table - The eBay Community

Community Updates - The eBay Community

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it.
Live long and prosper.

Message 1 of 122
Latest reply
121 REPLIES 121

A community update?

Welcome to the Aussie Boards

Message 2 of 122
Latest reply

A community update?

Hiya, I've been here on and off but not regularly.

I wondered if folks down here liked the new layout at all or whether you are of the same opinion as most of the UK posters, that's those that could fathom it out?

Live long and prosper.

Message 3 of 122
Latest reply

A community update?

It's similar to the US boards but in no way as user friendly...it's a dog's breakfast.

Will be interesting to see if they give the posters hip names such as thrill seeker,rising star,rock star etc.

Message 4 of 122
Latest reply

A community update?

Not many folks commenting? I suppose they will if it gets imposed on you here?

On present showing, it's going to be the death of the UK boards.

It's not just that people have got used to the way the boards are here and just don't like change but having the latest thread posted at the top of the board means popular threads posted ages ago have got pushed way down the board and people just cannot find them and there's no way of showing a thread with new posts on it. There's no post count so you can't suggest to anyone that they look at post number #### and of course you can't give a link to a particular post like we used to.

Live long and prosper.

Message 5 of 122
Latest reply

A community update?

It's too big, too many images, and looks like a pain to use, with a lot of extra scrolling.

Since I use a computer and not a smart phone, I don't know if it's easier for phone users.

My opinion - I really dislike it, and it seems less user friendly than our current layout.

What's wrong with the way it is now?
Message 6 of 122
Latest reply

A community update?

As ever, they've ignored the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" and they've changed it to their version "If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is."

Live long and prosper.

Message 7 of 122
Latest reply

A community update?

Looks terrible... cluttered and that giant box for each thread takes up FAR too much space.  Wouldn't be surprised if it's the death of your board... sorry... but eBay US has been killing boards for years.  First it was the, "groups" thing, creating tons of new boards while removing the "featured" status of the older ones and making them harder to find.  Then they began banning posters for the thinnest of reasons.  

Probably all boils down to them saving a buck.  I used to post on your gif thread, btw, but stopped when I could no longer get a free image host, since the UK board wouldn't host the images like the US does, or like they do here to a limited degree.

Message 8 of 122
Latest reply

A community update?

This board Community Spirit is destined for the rubbish pile at some stage.

It was to be discarded some 4 years ago.

At that time a few members of the boards were invited to a private discussion, by an ebay employee, to discuss th changes they wanted to make to the boards, and they wanted / needed some input.

I was one of those invited.    Davewil and Lyndal were also amongst the invited. Sorry for dobbing, guys, but the time for secrecy has long passed.

I argued at the time that Community Spirit was necessary for some peoples lives. At the time, there were 2 women posting from their beds, tackling breast cancer.  They needed some place of comfort.   And that was here.

One of those women has since succumbed and passed.

A lot of people are housebound and need some company as well.

And so Community Spirit stayed, but moved to Groups, where a lot of people couldn't find it and gave up.

I see this new fiddling as the death knell here.

Message 9 of 122
Latest reply

A community update?

I was never invited. I know one person who was, but that wasn't Lyndal.

Message 10 of 122
Latest reply