Called my OH an Idiot today

I have never in nearly 50 years called my OH an idiot to his face. I did today, because he qualified. 

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

He wanted to make pea and ham soup in the pressure cooker. I explained it all very carefully. Told him that he needed to cool the cooker before he opened the steam valve, and that the best way was to put the whole thing in a sink of cold water for 4 or 5 mins. He went straight out to the kitchen and turned the valve to steam. 🙂 Soup and steam went all over the stove top and down the side onto the floor. 

Couldn't help myself and said you 'idiot'. He cleaned it up while I read the paper. He made the mess, he gets to clean up.

Message 2 of 54
Latest reply

You are lucky the mess was all at ground level.

The last time my OH misused the pressure cooker we spent months cleaning the mess off the ceiling.Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 54
Latest reply

Lucky he wasnt burnt!

Message 4 of 54
Latest reply

Yes very lucky. He won't be doing that again.

Message 5 of 54
Latest reply

Sometimes you just gotta call it like it is 😃
Message 6 of 54
Latest reply

An eejit is an eejit!

lol

Message 7 of 54
Latest reply

Sadly deserved by the sound of it.  It's actually hard-wired in men's DNA that they struggle to listen to or accept direction, whether it's navigation or cooking Man Tongue

prostate cancer ribbon Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 8 of 54
Latest reply

Oh Katy--think im related to your OH...................lol................Richo.

Message 9 of 54
Latest reply

@katymatey* wrote:

He wanted to make pea and ham soup in the pressure cooker. I explained it all very carefully. Told him that he needed to cool the cooker before he opened the steam valve, and that the best way was to put the whole thing in a sink of cold water for 4 or 5 mins. He went straight out to the kitchen and turned the valve to steam. 🙂 Soup and steam went all over the stove top and down the side onto the floor. 

Couldn't help myself and said you 'idiot'. He cleaned it up while I read the paper. He made the mess, he gets to clean up.

haha, did you also laugh at him?  😄

Message 10 of 54
Latest reply