Can you be persuaded to vote differently?

Or does your bias and prejudice prevent you from making a careful consideration?

I'm definitely biased and have some prejudices against the right however I could be persuaded to vote differently if someone could show me how we would all be better off.

For one, I do agree with an increase in the GST, I do believe that a closer look into welfare is not a bad thing.

Can anyone convince me that the Government hasn't lied to the voting public? That is a big one for me.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 72
Latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

I can be convinced to change a vote but I never decide until the last half hour usually and I don't think I have ever voted for the same party twice in a row. I vote for the person standing in my electorate, usually the one I see doing the better job.

Message 2 of 72
Latest reply

I guess it does depend where you live, I live in the safest Liberal seat in Australia I think lol however it is a traditional working class area. I'm sure there are a lot in my area that would vote purely because of the paid parental leave (I'm guessing though)

My brother on the other hand voted for Abbott and couldn't be happier because he believes there is a lot more confidence in the business world.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 72
Latest reply

Can anyone convince me that the Government hasn't lied to the voting public?

Not me, not Bill either.

"BILL Shorten now refers to Tony Abbott as “the national champion of lying”

A report from the polling firm UMR Research, the weekend after the Budget, included the heading: “Voters accept ‘lies’ language regarding Abbott”.

Message 4 of 72
Latest reply

Honestly?

This fiberal government has blatantly LIED to voters and the world.

GST was always going to go up. Other countries have higher rates .I wondered when Oz govt would attempt this.

12.5% is a figure that springs to mind for no real reason. The talked about increases of higher amounts is just greed talking IMO.

Increased GST is what this whole budget carp is really about! THIS is the REAL AGENDA I'm sure. Don't know why they didn't just spit it out in the first place......no they have to invent some circus garbage event to hide their real agenda behind.

Pathetic, gutless mobsters. No respect from me. No vote of respect either.

If welfare is to be looked into then the welfare and perks recently granted to the wealthy end of town like decreased luxury car tax (LCT) seems a mite hypocritical, doesn't it?.....was 33% now about 17-18% from estimates.

Message 5 of 72
Latest reply

@donnashuggy wrote:

Or does your bias and prejudice prevent you from making a careful consideration?

I'm definitely biased and have some prejudices against the right however I could be persuaded to vote differently if someone could show me how we would all be better off.

For one, I do agree with an increase in the GST, I do believe that a closer look into welfare is not a bad thing.

Can anyone convince me that the Government hasn't lied to the voting public? That is a big one for me.

The GST is a regressive tax, I didn't support it when it was introduced and I still don't. "A closer look into welfare", pffft - some job creation instead of job destruction would be a better option. 

Message 6 of 72
Latest reply

My brother on the other hand voted for Abbott and couldn't be happier because he believes there is a lot more confidence in the business world.

That is because of all the reforms Hockey is interested in introducing, the only advtanges of any them is to business people & higher income earners. That is his ultimate aim... lower company tax again and tax cuts for the high income earners.

Message 7 of 72
Latest reply

@boris1gary wrote:

@donnashuggy wrote:

The GST is a regressive tax, I didn't support it when it was introduced and I still don't. "A closer look into welfare", pffft - some job creation instead of job destruction would be a better option. 

Yes we need jobs, I agree. 

Photobucket
Message 8 of 72
Latest reply

I am like azureline, I vote for the person I think is best in the electorate. Safe seat here, so it does not much matter, my vote, but I still think about it carefully.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 9 of 72
Latest reply

My OH has mostly been a Lib voter and believes they were better for business. However, he did not vote for them last time.

Message 10 of 72
Latest reply