Colombians go 'Brazilian' in cycling suits

nero_bolt
Community Member

This is such a LOL 🙂     Colombia women cycling team outfit raises eyebrows, a lot of eyebrows

The Colombian women's cycling team has become an international media sensation.

Unfortunately for the girls, though, it's not for their riding prowess, but rather their "Brazilian" outfits.

Competing in Italy's Giro Toscana, the team unveiled arguably the worst ever cycling suit - an unflattering number that to the naked eye appears see-through in all the wrong places.

The otherwise conservative kit features a large patch of flesh coloured cloth across the women's lower torsos and groins, giving the impression of a cut-out revealing bare flesh.

And worse still the shocker suit appears to have been given government approval with the team backed by the Colombian ministry of sport and sponsored by the capital city of Bogota.

Whether it was a cunning ploy to simply gain media attention, a colour-blind designer or a chauvanist behind the get-up no one knows.

But the design has earned the wrath of social media followers, with much pitty offered to the cyclists and plenty of mirth.

One Twitter user, @theBikeFaerie, posted a photo captioned: "Worst designed garment of clothing in the history of the human race."

Other users shared it more than 1600 times, with one tweeting: "Why would someone agree to wear it?!" and another posting:

"Extraordinary that someone would design it and even more extraordinary that any woman would wear it!! :-)"

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8905976

cycling.jpg

http://colombiareports.co/colombia-women-cycling-team-outfit-raises-eyebrows-lot-eyebrows/#prettyPho...

A Colombian ladies’ cycling team taking part in one of Italy’s most important cycling races has raised eyebrows for their outfit, international cycling media reported on Saturday.

The outfit of the team, sponsored by the city government of Bogota, is made of a skin-color fabric around the sportswomen’s waste and hips, curiously accentuating the cyclists’ private parts.

“How sad,” Italian cycling website Tutobiciweb headlined the article on the team’s “nude look.”

The “revealing” photo immediately became a hit on social media where the consensus seemed to be the design is “just wrong” and “a general disaster.”

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: 'Nude' cycling

@karliandjacko wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:
Do they have a men's cycling team I wonder?

You asked for it...

Oh, boy! Men’s uniform as ’naked’ as women’s

So why haven't they got a nude-man-with-a-brazilan print on the front of their pants?

Message 41 of 50
Latest reply

So why haven't they got a nude-man-with-a-brazilan print on the front of their pants?

Message 42 of 50
Latest reply

apparently thay've been waering the uniform all year with no comment until the past week  😄

Message 43 of 50
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@karliandjacko wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:
Do they have a men's cycling team I wonder?

You asked for it...

Oh, boy! Men’s uniform as ’naked’ as women’s

I feel sorry for these guys.  

Fancy having to parade around looking downtrodden by having an imprint of a foot on their chest.

DEB 

Message 44 of 50
Latest reply

Been trying not to comment on this, but I mean really.

I think we're all able to distinguish the male and female teams without the gross exaggerations.

And that foot?  What is that?

"If it is once again one against forty-eight, then I am very sorry for the forty-eight." ~ Margaret Thatcher

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” ― Thomas Jefferson
Message 45 of 50
Latest reply

And that foot?  What is that?

An indication of their shoe size? lol

Photobucket
Message 46 of 50
Latest reply

@karliandjacko wrote:

@bright.ton42 wrote:

@paintsew007 wrote:

You've missed the whole point. Stop being a prude and get with the modern $$$world of advertising. Sure it's about the body.....and these girls have beautiful young bodies-I am sure....but we don't get to see their bodies do we?

If you cannot handle looking at natural body shapes then don't go to the beach or indoor pool EVER is my advice.

These suits are brilliant imo.....they are not RUDE....it is sexual mindplay that might suggest the suits are rude LOLSmiley LOL

Advertising aside - all I see are 5 very ordinary looking girls trying desperately to look extraordinary, and

failing miserably.  Smiley Frustrated

and the 6th one ??

Haha , yep her too.  

Message 47 of 50
Latest reply

@bright.ton42 wrote:

@karliandjacko wrote:

@bright.ton42 wrote:

@paintsew007 wrote:

You've missed the whole point. Stop being a prude and get with the modern $$$world of advertising. Sure it's about the body.....and these girls have beautiful young bodies-I am sure....but we don't get to see their bodies do we?

If you cannot handle looking at natural body shapes then don't go to the beach or indoor pool EVER is my advice.

These suits are brilliant imo.....they are not RUDE....it is sexual mindplay that might suggest the suits are rude LOLSmiley LOL

Advertising aside - all I see are 5 very ordinary looking girls trying desperately to look extraordinary, and

and the 6th one ??

Haha , yep her too.  

Actually as one of the girls pointed out, they are professional cyclists posing for a presentation.  They're quite happy with the uniform they've been wearing all year and they dress for riding, not their looks or for the sexy image.

They're not desperately trying to look anything and could be described as extraordinary cyclists, if comparing them with people who cycle to the shops once a week.

Message 48 of 50
Latest reply

@karliandjacko wrote:

@bright.ton42 wrote:

@karliandjacko wrote:

@bright.ton42 wrote:

@paintsew007 wrote:

and the 6th one ??

Haha , yep her too.  

Actually as one of the girls pointed out, they are professional cyclists posing for a presentation.  They're quite happy with the uniform they've been wearing all year and they dress for riding, not their looks or for the sexy image.

They're not desperately trying to look anything and could be described as extraordinary cyclists, if comparing them with people who cycle to the shops once a week.

I happily agree to disagree.       Cat Very Happy       
Message 49 of 50
Latest reply

I read that one of the cyclists designed the uniform  😄

Message 50 of 50
Latest reply