Colombians go 'Brazilian' in cycling suits

nero_bolt
Community Member

This is such a LOL 🙂     Colombia women cycling team outfit raises eyebrows, a lot of eyebrows

The Colombian women's cycling team has become an international media sensation.

Unfortunately for the girls, though, it's not for their riding prowess, but rather their "Brazilian" outfits.

Competing in Italy's Giro Toscana, the team unveiled arguably the worst ever cycling suit - an unflattering number that to the naked eye appears see-through in all the wrong places.

The otherwise conservative kit features a large patch of flesh coloured cloth across the women's lower torsos and groins, giving the impression of a cut-out revealing bare flesh.

And worse still the shocker suit appears to have been given government approval with the team backed by the Colombian ministry of sport and sponsored by the capital city of Bogota.

Whether it was a cunning ploy to simply gain media attention, a colour-blind designer or a chauvanist behind the get-up no one knows.

But the design has earned the wrath of social media followers, with much pitty offered to the cyclists and plenty of mirth.

One Twitter user, @theBikeFaerie, posted a photo captioned: "Worst designed garment of clothing in the history of the human race."

Other users shared it more than 1600 times, with one tweeting: "Why would someone agree to wear it?!" and another posting:

"Extraordinary that someone would design it and even more extraordinary that any woman would wear it!! :-)"

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8905976

cycling.jpg

http://colombiareports.co/colombia-women-cycling-team-outfit-raises-eyebrows-lot-eyebrows/#prettyPho...

A Colombian ladies’ cycling team taking part in one of Italy’s most important cycling races has raised eyebrows for their outfit, international cycling media reported on Saturday.

The outfit of the team, sponsored by the city government of Bogota, is made of a skin-color fabric around the sportswomen’s waste and hips, curiously accentuating the cyclists’ private parts.

“How sad,” Italian cycling website Tutobiciweb headlined the article on the team’s “nude look.”

The “revealing” photo immediately became a hit on social media where the consensus seemed to be the design is “just wrong” and “a general disaster.”

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

yikes, that's a tad unsettling at first glance

Message 2 of 50
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Why on earth would those girls even consent to wearing that???

Message 3 of 50
Latest reply

lol

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 4 of 50
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Why on earth would those girls even consent to wearing that???

I suppose it comes down to contracts, sponsorship, male fascination with the female form, the almighty $$$$$,  etcSmiley Surprised

DEB

Message 5 of 50
Latest reply

Who came up with that awful design?

I wouldn't have had my hands clasped behind my back.

Joono
Message 6 of 50
Latest reply

To slow and already done Icy 🙂

Message 7 of 50
Latest reply

They're horrible.

I don't know how those girls think it's funny to wear them. Are they athletes, or the town's bikes?

They want to be noticed for their suits rather than their cycling prowess?

Very bad taste IMO, and should be banned from the event..

Message 8 of 50
Latest reply

Would love to understand the designers idea behind this......maybe it was the intention to get the world to LOOK at the girls.....get lots of media attention.

....why?????

A-D-V-E-R-T-I-S-I-N-G might have something to do with it........logo name on front of suit!!!

very, very clever IMO. Certainly getting attention and lots of 'looks'. LOL all the sameSmiley LOL

Message 9 of 50
Latest reply

Is it flesh coloured or see through?
Message 10 of 50
Latest reply