Custard slice

Morning all. A while ago there was a thread which had some recipes for simple custard slices. I can't find it now. I need to make something like that today. Can anyone help me please?
Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Custard slice

Wish I'd made vanilla slices yesterday instead of cheesecake !!

Having friends over for lunch today and after years of making very yummy cheesecakes.....for some unknown reason I put vanilla extract in the mix AAAAAAHHH!!!!

It's going to taste bad......very bad....and I don't have time to go inot town to buy eggs to make something else or even time to go to the bakery..."sigh"

looks like pumpkin soup for lunch and that's it.

unless there is a recipe for something delishish, doesn't need eggs, can be made in 15 minutes ?????????????

Message 2 of 36
Latest reply

Custard slice

From memory my recipe was lattice biscuits, a vanilla instant pudding mix, passionfruit icing....In the fridge to set and nom nom nom FA like pimpy.

Message 3 of 36
Latest reply

Custard slice

well ms freddie, would you please make one of those and send it up to me?? TIA

Message 4 of 36
Latest reply

Custard slice

I don't think I've ever had custard and maybe they have different names there, but in this thread are similar looking deserts.

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Spirit/What-s-For-Dessert/m-p/347092/highlight/true#M14070...

Message 5 of 36
Latest reply

Custard slice

Hey soul โ™ฅ

Oh you mix the instant pudding with a 600ml of cream.

Message 6 of 36
Latest reply

Custard slice

Vanilla slice! That's the one Freddie. There were quite a few variations if I remember correctly.
Message 7 of 36
Latest reply

Custard slice

Soul, are you wanting a pimpy FA? Woman LOL

Message 8 of 36
Latest reply

Custard slice

No cream..only some sour cream for the pumpkin soup.

hmm, could make creamed rice I suppose but eventhough I could eat a pot of it, others might'nt like it. 

last resort I could ask them to bring something but I'd feel bad doing that.

Message 9 of 36
Latest reply

Custard slice

Lurker, I just use the elcheapo woolworths brand instant pudding mix, mix it with the cream, layer the biscuits, slap the vanilla mix on the biscuits, then another layer of biscuits, passionfruit icing on top and there you have it.

Message 10 of 36
Latest reply