Fraser's apology means nothing: Kyrgios

Nick Kyrgios' family has dismissed Olympian Dawn Fraser's apology for comments she made about the tennis star, which have been described as racist.

"The apology means nothing to me," Kyrgios' brother Christos told Network Ten's The Project.

"Nick's behaviour on court can be construed many different ways from different people, you know, some people might think it's acceptable, some people may not, some people may understand it, some people may not, but that is black and white racist."

Fraser had told a breakfast television show on Tuesday she was disgusted by Kyrgios' behaviour and alleged "tanking" in his fourth-round Wimbledon loss to Richard Gasquet.

When asked on live TV if it was a case of having too much money and fame at such an early age and lacking humility, the 77-year-old agreed and lumped suspended Davis Cup star Tomic in with Kyrgios.

"They should be setting a better example for the younger generation of this great country of ours," Fraser told the Nine Network.

"If they don't like it, go back to where their fathers or their parents came from.

"We don't need them here in this country if they act like that."

Fraser later apologised for her remarks saying she did not intend to attack Kyrgios' ethnicity

Kyrgios is the son of a Greek-born father and Malaysian-born mother but was born in Canberra.

Tomic is German-born with a Croatian father and Bosnian mother, who migrated to the Gold Coast when Tomic was three.

Entire Article Here

I fail to see where the "black and white racist" comment applies

Dawn Fraser has aboriginal connections herself, and had to suffer the consequences of her own bad behaviour as an olympic athlete.

http://caama.com.au/dawn-fraser-shares-her-connection-with-aboriginal-community

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Fraser's apology means nothing: Kyrgios

I think the moment the words left her mouth Fraser would have realised her blunder.

Whether she is racist or not, it is a racist remark and I do hope her apology was sincere.

Joono
Message 21 of 22
Latest reply

Re: Fraser's apology means nothing: Kyrgios

i think we are loosing our freedom  of speech too many people  get upset over things that are said nowadays !!

JMO

You are here for a good time
not a long time so enjoy life
Message 22 of 22
Latest reply