Gay cake case

Ashers Bakery lose 'gay cake' case: 'We will not be closing down, we have not done anything wrong' says boss Ashers bakery "unlawfully discriminated on the grounds of sexual orientation"

A Christian-run bakery which refused to make a cake bearing a pro-gay marriage slogan has been found guilty of discrimination after a landmark legal action at Belfast County Court.

The family-run bakery, which delivers across the UK and Ireland, turned down the request for a cake with an image of Sesame Street puppets Bert and Ernie below the motto Support Gay Marriage.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/ashers-bakery-lose-gay-cake-case-we-will-not...

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: Gay cake case

its a cake. 

just take the money back and give the business to somebody else.

not everything is worth a lawsuit, and i think many people will see this as just petty, so they may have won the case but done a disservice to the cause

Message 51 of 59
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

perhaps it was the cake that was actually gay?

Do you mean a 'Fairy Cake?'

Just wondering 😉

Message 52 of 59
Latest reply

Nowhere in that editorial does it tell us whether the cake was a Victoria Sponge, a Carrot Cake, a Lemon Drizzle, or a Madeira Cake, etc. You see that's what's wrong with journalism today. They omit the relevant details.

Message 53 of 59
Latest reply

@electric*mayhem*band wrote:

Nowhere in that editorial does it tell us whether the cake was a Victoria Sponge, a Carrot Cake, a Lemon Drizzle, or a Madeira Cake, etc. You see that's what's wrong with journalism today. They omit the relevant details.

Must have been a rainbow cake

Message 54 of 59
Latest reply

personally, i'll take money from anybody...a sale is a sale in my book

but, i have over quoted jobs.. only if i dont want the job and if i was busy

Signatures suck.
Message 55 of 59
Latest reply

cake1.jpg

Message 56 of 59
Latest reply

The customer may end up getting sued by Sesame Street - they are using Bert and Ernie to portray Gay Marriage and in doing so intimating that Bert and Ernie are in fact gay wen the are not - THEY ARE MUPPETS!

I agree with a way earlier post (forgot the number) THE WORLD HAS GONE MAD.

Capture.JPG 

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 57 of 59
Latest reply

Bert and Ernie, Batman and Robin, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, etc.

Message 58 of 59
Latest reply

@polksaladallie wrote:

Bert and Ernie, Batman and Robin, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, etc.

i dont think they are gay.

its just that women are so inferior that you just cant have a woman doing a more important job than typing a letter for her boss or bringing him a sandwich/coffee.

that is it. no gayness involved.

which is  even more sad and embarassing.

Message 59 of 59
Latest reply