‘Give a hug’, says Malcolm Turnbull in Christmas message

such a kind giving fellow, but dont you think the poor would rather a few more pennies in their fortnightly payments mal?

you cant pay the electricity bill with a hug mate.

well ok, you might be able to.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/give-a-hug-says-malcolm-turnbull/news-story/24f9eb72076e...

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

I'd prefer Mal would have given a sick young man from Manus a hospital bed. R.I.P. Faysal.
Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Can't we have one day of the year without poitician bashing?

Where's your Christmas spirit?

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

I'm sure he was being a man, partner and father today, not a politician. A hug can be magical. I agree with him.

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

No.
Humbug
Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

if a polie is going to use christmas for political point scoring then he deserves a few rotton apples thrown at him.

look at me i'm feeding the poor! big deal mr wealthy, lets see you do it every week for a year with the other 'volunteers'

btw, who cooked mr moneybags dinner? if he and his wife were busy feeding the downtrodden?

of course they rushed home to get that turkey into the oven and start peeling potatoes ect ect.

in stead of telling people to 'hug' a poor person he could have got his cheque book out and written a fat cheque for that charity,

like he did for his party at the election!

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

if a polie is going to use christmas for political point scoring then he deserves a few rotton apples thrown at him.

look at me i'm feeding the poor! big deal mr wealthy, lets see you do it every week for a year with the other 'volunteers'

btw, who cooked mr moneybags dinner? if he and his wife were busy feeding the downtrodden?

of course they rushed home to get that turkey into the oven and start peeling potatoes ect ect.

in stead of telling people to 'hug' a poor person he could have got his cheque book out and written a fat cheque for that charity,

like he did for his party at the election!

Give the guy a break...... If he wasnt out there serving the homeless a meal on christmas day, you would be whinging about how he never goes near them, never speaks to them and never makes any attempt to stay in touch with those less fortunate.

I suspect like a small minority from both sides of politics,  he believes HE IS serving the community all year, using his business skill to lead the nation. You may question his policies, but his motives are fairly genuine..

We need people who have worked hard and become wealthy in their private affairs running the country.

David , like me, you come from South Australia. A state that has been run by Labor for the best part of a decade. We have a lawyer premier with a heart of ice and a baffoon, ex taxi driver for a treasurer. The result is a state which is an ecenomic basket case. Heck - we cant even keep the lights on. We have the highest utilities costs in the nation, the highest unemployment rate in the nation and the lowest ecenomic growth in the nation.  But at least the unemployed can ride a tram a few hundred metres further ( if they can afford the ticket )

How is it in the poors interest to have no chance of employment and not being able to afford to turn the air conditioner, lights or fan on in our 40 plus degree christmas ????

Could the last one to leave South Australia turn the lights out please ???  OOPS they're already out.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

Photo op. Plain and simple.
Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

South Australia isn't exactly in the best position geographically speaking, to attract business.Having lived in 4 different states,I can tell you from experience, it beats the others hands down in a lot of areas.
Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

i would be peeved if shorten was doing the same thing.

a much better idea, let all pollies write a cheque at christmas and place it in a barell, then draw em out and hand them to charities also drawn from a barell. no set up photos.

personally i dont mind living in south oz, everone who leaves makes more room for those staying.

sure i'd like cheaper everything but then both sides government have sold off everything but the kitchen sink and spent the money so cant just point at weatheril. (thats state and federal)

i still remember howard when he sold off telstra saying the money would be used to fix the problems with the murray river and there are still problems with the murray river.

i rember the promise the gst would never change, its now just a matter of time before it gets a raise.

we have now lost prolly our biggest single employer (holdens) so tough times will not be over anytime soon. not weatherils fault btw.

when the time was right for federal govt intervention the liberals were AWOL!

it was olny the election that saved the submarine building industry as we know pm abbott had already made a unseen deal with japan to build the subs in japan.

neither side of government do a very good job imo.

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply