Go away Australian Border Force

One of the many reasons that I love Melbourne. HeartYour Blue Shirts are not welcome here, Mr Abbott.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/australian-border-force-to-patrol-melbourne-cb...

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 1 of 95
Latest reply
94 REPLIES 94

Re: Go away Australian Border Force

Thank you, youcan.

Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 91 of 95
Latest reply

I thought you might like it Woman LOL

a lot...

Message 92 of 95
Latest reply

LOL.. Love that youcan...  Thanks for posting it

Message 93 of 95
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:

Shorten questions timing of announcement

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten praised the Government's plans to crack down on crime and visa fraud, but said he was sceptical of the Government's decision to broadcast the plans prior to the operation.

"I do hope that any of these actions are done to try and protect Australian laws, to make sure that people are not overstaying their visas, to make sure that temporary guest workers are not being exploited," Mr Shorten said.

"If you're going to do a blitz, I don't know why you'd necessarily telegraph it to the media first."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-28/border-force-to-check-visas-on-the-streets-of-melbourne/673208...

from everything I've read it sounds like the state govt and Vic Police did not have the same operation in mind as was announced in the original press release from the ABF

1440983774104.jpg

Message 94 of 95
Latest reply

Welcome to 21st century Australia.

"We consider the border not to be a purely physical barrier separating nation states, but a complex continuum stretching offshore and onshore, including the overseas, maritime, physical border and domestic dimensions of the border.
Treating the border as a continuum allows an integrated, layered approach to provide border management in depth โ€“ working ahead of and behind the border, as well as at the border, to manage threats and take advantage of opportunities.โ€

A little insight into how these people think - Mike Pezzullo, head of the immigration and border protection department.

Message 95 of 95
Latest reply