Have they determined whether the police

Fired and hit any of the hostages yesterday yet?

Photobucket
Message 1 of 160
Latest reply
159 REPLIES 159

Re: Have they determined whether the police

@poddster wrote:

Does anyone in their right mind belive that the police are that dumb or careless to hit a hostage?

it is unbelievable that the thought even entered the the furtille imagination, only someone who wants to stir the cauldron would think of it.

Disgusting !!!

I don't think anyone in their right mind would think that, the only real criticism that I have read that was valid was the clear vision the police had of him and could have taken him out before any of this happened.

Photobucket
Message 41 of 160
Latest reply

"I have read that was valid was the clear vision the police had of him and could have taken him out before any of this happened."

Really ? Where was that written or said ?

Clear vision but not a clear shot - they had glass in the way and glass deflects bullets and might (almost certainly will) spray glass shards throughout the inside of the cafe where you had hostages spread all over with every glass shard likely to cut and injure.

In addition, if it was that thick glass with a plastic layer through it, you have even more problems ?

Unless you are 100% certain of a kill shot, a sniper shot does not combine the elements of surprise,

maximum disorientation (flash bangs), maximum force and maximum entries at the same time.

The snipers in view did their secondary job of identifying when it all turned badly and where the hostage was located

who had been shot.

Message 42 of 160
Latest reply

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2014/dec/17/inquiry-launched-tony-abbott-wrongly-claims-gu...

Inquiry after Tony Abbott wrongly claims Sydney siege gunman had a licence

Australian federal police investigating why prime minister was given erroneous information for public announcement

The Australian federal police is investigating why the prime minister was briefed that the gunman involved in the Sydney siege of a cafe had a gun licence in New South Wales when NSW police have no record of it.

Tony Abbott announced the information at a press conference, causing NSW police to issue a contradictory statement saying Man Haron Monis did not and had never held a gun licence in the state.

Message 43 of 160
Latest reply

I am fairly sure it was said on CNN by an expert on these matters.

Photobucket
Message 44 of 160
Latest reply

He gets a lot of things wrong Smiley LOL

Photobucket
Message 45 of 160
Latest reply

The other aspect is that when they did have clear vision, the snipers might not have been in position AND

the police might not have confirmed by then how many gunmen there were.

Remember that bloke who said in the media he bumped into the gunmen and he was with two other men ?

That would have added doubt as to how many and where they were.

Edit

Thanks Donna.

As the Police Commissioner said in his TV interview at Martin Place when asked about the final breach, he said they

have the best people for the job and it's best if you let them do it and don't second guess them.

I thought it was a good response.

Message 46 of 160
Latest reply

I wonder if the best people in the job took him off the watch list? This has been a mega disaster, if he wasn't on their watch list it makes you wonder who is?

Photobucket
Message 47 of 160
Latest reply

I wonder if the best people in the job took him off the watch list?

This has been a mega disaster, if he wasn't on their watch list it makes you wonder who is?

You are donna, you are Smiley LOL

(I think the Police Commiss was referring just to the Assault Team)

Message 48 of 160
Latest reply

The PMs have been done, and we are told that the manager was shot in the head by the gunman, and that the barrister received a gunshot.

Read into that what you want, but Post # 32 is how it should be looked at.

Also what was said this morning is that the gunman was not falling asleep, and that he was becoming increasingly agitated.  So the person in charge of the TRG made the decision that they had to go in in order to save as many lives as possible.

As has been said, it was textbook seige action from beginning to end.

Message 49 of 160
Latest reply

personally, i don't want to know if it has been

determined whether the police fired and hit any

of the hostages.

i would question the motives of anyone who

decided to put it out on a public forum, especially

when the information sought by the OP is so easily

available and they usually manage to find other

pieces of information quite easily.

Message 50 of 160