How much did/do you like comics?

imastawka
Honored Contributor

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/311050328393?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

Current bid:
US $2,050,100.00
Approximately AU $2,201,686.09
30 bids ]

Bidders had to register and be approved prior to bidding.

Not bad for a 10c comic!    Mind you it's 76 years old and almost mint condition
Message 1 of 55
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Message 38 of 55
Latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Wow thats extreme isn't it.

Some of his stuff is really adult but I quite like Crumb's work.

Message 2 of 55
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

It's also benefitting the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation.

But I don't know to what extent.   A fitting Charity I would say.

Message 3 of 55
Latest reply

I could google it but cant be bothered Smiley Indifferent, what does the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation support Ima?

Message 4 of 55
Latest reply

The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation is dedicated to curing spinal cord injury by funding innovative research

http://www.christopherreeve.org/site/c.ddJFKRNoFiG/b.4048063/k.67BA/The_Christopher_amp_Dana_Reeve_F...

Message 5 of 55
Latest reply

Nicholas Cage also had this comic. It was stolen from his house in 2000 but he got it back  a few months later.

He then sold it on ebay for $2,161,000

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 6 of 55
Latest reply

Not as much as the big money but as a child whenever we caught the train to Sydney we were allowed to buy 1 comic each, it was always a big decision and I would um and arr between Josie and the Pcats, Vampirella and Mad.Woman LOL

Message 7 of 55
Latest reply

LOL @ Josie and the Pussycats, boris.

You've just reminded me of how young you are   : - D

Message 8 of 55
Latest reply

I don't know if anyone here is old (and English) enough to remember the D. C.Thomson comics of the 1950s. Wizard, Rover, Hotspur and Adventure were the boys ones and there were some girls' ones as well - I think Bunty might have been one of them. My dad was a prolific writer for the boys comics (he had to be prolific - he had 10 kids to support) At that time these comics were mostly in short story form, though later they all went over to comic strip.

We were so proud of him and used to take the comics to school to show off his stories to the boys  - but they wouldn't believe us when we said he had written them. The only ones I remember now were a set of storiescalled  'Sergeant Blake Of The Ironfists"  - a wartime series about a soldier in the Tank Regiment - and his first comic strip (he only did the script not the illustrations) about a robot called Big Clanky.

Message 9 of 55
Latest reply

One of my boy cousins had a good collection of Phantom comics (in the 1960's)

From memory I don't think my mother was keen on comic books.  I know I had a few comics, but can't remember which ones they were. I can remember the bar codes on the back (unheard of here at that time) and ads on the back cover which made you wish you could buy whatever it was being advt.

Message 10 of 55
Latest reply