I went to start a thread about refugees and asylum seekers last night but...

j*oono
Community Member

I copied some photos last night and I wanted to post them here but I thought better of it because they are very distressing.

Is it time for Tony Abbott, Dutton and Chris Morrison to look into their hearts?

Turn back the boats to what?  Stop the boats for what reason?  I have no doubt that they have seen these photos of a young 3yr old boy washed up on the beach and his slightly older brother and his mother drowned too.

Joono
Message 1 of 800
Latest reply
799 REPLIES 799

Re: I went to start a thread about refugees and asylum seekers last night but...

A refugee doesnt dictate terms

To a place they seek refuge

They throw themselves on the

Mercy of another people

And hope they will be treated

With kindness

Here's an idea

Don't get your way

Throw your wife and baby

On the railway tracks

Way to get sympathy of the

Status quo

Message 71 of 800
Latest reply

Re: I went to start a thread about refugees and asylum seekers last night but...

They throw themselves on the

Mercy of another people

And hope they will be treated

With kindness

On the mercy of people like us?

Message 72 of 800
Latest reply

And one of those Hungarian refugees was a former poster here.
Message 73 of 800
Latest reply

They need to show a genuine

Humility and not anger at the

People from whom they seek

Help

And then they will be more inclined

To find it

Message 74 of 800
Latest reply

I would give my last dollar 

To someone I thought in 

Need regardless of color

Or religion

I will knowingly

give nothing to a

scammer

Message 75 of 800
Latest reply

anyway... back on the topic of current

situation and possible solutions:

Member states should sharply increase offers to share asylum seekers, to relocate at least 100,000, and should set up refugee centres outside Europe, European Council President Donald Tusk said on Thursday (3 September).

"Fair distribution of at least 100,000 refugees among EU states is what we need to do," Tusk, who chairs summits of EU leaders, told a joint news conference in Brussels with Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban.

EU countries have so far committed to share about 32,000 asylum seekers from Italy and Greece, a number short of a European Commission proposal of 40,000. A new proposal from the EU executive is expected next week.

Tusk called for refugees' reception centres to be built close to war zones and "outside Europe, where refugee camps already exist" and also said EU leaders should be ready at a summit next month to commit much more money to the migration crisis. 

Asked about Tusk's comments today, the European Commission said it did not want to comment on "gossip", ahead of next week's planned unveiling of the new proposal. 

But a leaked draft of the proposal appeared to confirmed that 160,000 asylum seekers from Hungary, Italy and Greece would be relocated. That is an additional 120,000 people on top of the original 40,000 proposed by the executive in May. The 40,000 figure is re-tabled, superseding the voluntary agreement in July.

54,000 people will be relocated from Hungary, 39,600, in addition to the orginal 24,000, from Italy and 66,400 from Greece, in addition to the original 16,000. 

The plan is expected to be formally unveiled by Juncker during his State of the Union speech on 9 September 9 after being approved by Commissioners, a source said.

Juncker's plan faces tough opposition, as EU leaders failed to agree on his proposal for compulsory quotas for the relocation of 40,000 refugees from Syria and Eritrea.

Message 76 of 800
Latest reply

Here's an idea

Don't get your way

Throw your wife and baby

On the railway tracks

Are you using the word throw literally, or is it  metaphor for 'lie on the tracks with you wife and baby and refuse to move'?

Message 77 of 800
Latest reply

And where would we put theses millions of people you would have us take , Australia is already suffering a housing shortage

, many states are critically low on water to the point of massive restrictions our economy is in a down turn so how do we feed and water these people.

No country can afford to take unlimited numbers of refugees without  risking the collapse of their own country.

Photobucket
Message 78 of 800
Latest reply

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

Here's an idea

Don't get your way

Throw your wife and baby

On the railway tracks

Are you using the word throw literally, or is it  metaphor for 'lie on the tracks with you wife and baby and refuse to move'?

why don't you watch the video and

decide for yourself?

https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/29433614/refugee-throws-baby-onto-train-tracks/#page1

Message 79 of 800
Latest reply

The real problem is the refugee crisis has become far too serious to be dealt with by individual countries on an ad hoc basis. There needs to be a huge internationally co-ordinated effort to help these people.

Message 80 of 800
Latest reply