Is having the latest iPhone a sign of wealth?

Some people get them on plans I think........lol

Everyone has different priorities, there are quite a few laundromats where I live so these people must not have washing machines, yet they all seem to have phones Smiley LOL

Photobucket
Message 1 of 89
Latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

Re: Is having the latest iPhone a sign of wealth?

@flashie* wrote:

Geepers I must be poor then...............I have never owned a mobile phone.............nor do I want to.

I have only upgraded in the last 12 months to a laptop.............prior to that I used the computer my smarty pants son built me.................I had two wires I used to have to touch together to turn it on..........and then put them under a plastic mat so that when I moved my computer chair it did not accidentally turn it off again........Cat LOL

Does it show that I am not a person who cares about owning things..........Cat Very Happy

I was begining to think I was the only one. Never needed a mobile phone so never owned one. Must admit to being heavily into computers since my first 386 20 + years ago

Message 31 of 89
Latest reply

@gleee58 wrote:

@donnashuggy wrote:

The battery life is amazing, that is a huge plus for me

and I find there is nothing worse than someone showing me a picture or video on their phone and I cannot see it (too small)

I agree with joono, I also have an ipad now that I rarely use, you can sit across from people and show a video etc from the new iphone 6 plus and everyone can see it. It is also very light and does not feel bulky at all.

They do look good but I often find myself in areas with patchy reception and they don't do patchy well.  

I have to update something as the tablet I use is struggling these days and too may apps are not compatible.  The OS must be too old and cumbersome for what I use it for.  

4G!

Photobucket
Message 32 of 89
Latest reply

@donnashuggy wrote:

@gleee58 wrote:

@donnashuggy wrote:

The battery life is amazing, that is a huge plus for me

and I find there is nothing worse than someone showing me a picture or video on their phone and I cannot see it (too small)

I agree with joono, I also have an ipad now that I rarely use, you can sit across from people and show a video etc from the new iphone 6 plus and everyone can see it. It is also very light and does not feel bulky at all.

They do look good but I often find myself in areas with patchy reception and they don't do patchy well.  

I have to update something as the tablet I use is struggling these days and too may apps are not compatible.  The OS must be too old and cumbersome for what I use it for.  

4G!

4G is still patchy and still not in available in all areas.  It's improving but the progress is slow.  4G is a definite improvement for data transfer though.

Message 33 of 89
Latest reply

Lion

IF I could have a phone like the old Nokia 8100 type, phone, light and that's about it, I would be happy.

So I went with the old slide phone, Nokia N95.

It does what it needs to for me and that's it.

I only ever connected to the net once, while at the airport because I had never done it before.

I notice "retro" phones are still very popular.

Message 34 of 89
Latest reply

I'm glad I have a mobile.  My landline phone has been crackling so much for about the past year you can't hear anyone some days. Then it went completely and I haven't had a phone for over a week. Telstra reckon they will fix the line by the 17th. 

No doubt I will still get the full bill with line rental.

Joono
Message 35 of 89
Latest reply

I suppose you didn't need it Vic with three computers on the go at the same time.

Joono
Message 36 of 89
Latest reply

My friends laugh at my phone, they call it a Nana phone, but I dont care.

Message 37 of 89
Latest reply

Not to you joono.........just clicked reply

I think the latest of anything is more a 'wannabe in the moment'  thing than a sign of wealth.......mainly because the 'latest gadget' is only going to last a few months until the next 'latest gadget' comes out - which inevitably it will, meaning the 'wannabe' will have to buy the next one to keep up......That's not wealth, that is stupidity!

My mobile allows me to receive calls and messages, I can make calls and send messages.....

It most likely does all sorts of other stuff..........hell, it could probably make my breakfast if I wanted it to, but basically my mobile (to me) is an emergency lifeline if I need it or someone needs me.

Other than that, I can think of a lot more worthwhile things to spend my hard earned on

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 38 of 89
Latest reply

@lionrose.7 wrote:

My friends laugh at my phone, they call it a Nana phone, but I dont care.

I phoned a repair place to get a creen replaced on one of my Nokia N95's.

He asked what phone and when I told him, he immediately said "that's old",

then apologised Smiley LOL

Message 39 of 89
Latest reply

no,its just **bleep** factor.besides most dont and never actually own it.without finance they would be not so kool.i guess if you dont live the finance dream your nothing.sarcasim.

Message 40 of 89
Latest reply