Is this carp normal ??

Hi all,

tonight I decided to pay the Community Spirit boards a visit for the first time ever.

I have found myself confronted with numerous religious threads.

Is this normal for the CS boards?

I would like to know because I have much better things to do with my time.

cheers

Message 1 of 154
Latest reply
153 REPLIES 153

Is this carp normal ??

no fortunately it's not the norm. I have complained to lithium about it and asked for them to have their own forum so they can go at it. Or even better just ban political and religious threads altogether.

Message 2 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

The beauty is you only read what you want and ignore what you do not want to read.

There is a lot of good things here so up to you how deep you want to get involved.

Message 3 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

That's a relief then. Most forums do ban such threads, because such threads never end well.  I am surprized eBay haven't done the same already.

Message 4 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

ebay to remove threads if they are reported and found to be in violation of the boards policies.

Message 5 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

@*sparklz* wrote:

The beauty is you only read what you want and ignore what you do not want to read.

There is a lot of good things here so up to you how deep you want to get involved.

Ahhh okay, so I can choose to take the red pill, or I can choose to take the blue pill. Smiley Wink

I like your advice, cheers. 

Message 6 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

@modestbods wrote:

Hi all,

tonight I decided to pay the Community Spirit boards a visit for the first time ever.

I have found myself confronted with numerous threads posted by religious zealots and/or bigots.

I would like to know because I have much better things to do with my time than deal with ignorant fanatics.

cheers

We all have better things to do with our time, but we like it here. If it's not for you, then it's just not for you. Try facebook or twitter or whatever.

Message 7 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

One of the mods told be they have had several complaints about these kinds of threads. Ebay have been notified.
Message 8 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

@icyfroth wrote:

@modestbods wrote:

Hi all,

I have found myself confronted with numerous threads posted by religious zealots and/or bigots.

I would like to know because I have much better things to do with my time than deal with ignorant fanatics.

cheers

We all have better things to do with our time, but we like it here. If it's not for you, then it's just not for you. Try facebook or twitter or whatever.

yes but some of those better things require commitment and sometimes work.................... this is the easier choice.

Message 9 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

Depends how deep you want to see the rabbit hole go.

image host
Message 10 of 154
Latest reply