Is this carp normal ??

Hi all,

tonight I decided to pay the Community Spirit boards a visit for the first time ever.

I have found myself confronted with numerous religious threads.

Is this normal for the CS boards?

I would like to know because I have much better things to do with my time.

cheers

Message 1 of 154
Latest reply
153 REPLIES 153

Is this carp normal ??

Ooooo... 'icy' indeed. Smiley Tongue

Just kidding Icy. I get your point though.

I'm not into facebook, twitter etc, and have no desire to get into them. 

I guess the religious promo threads aren't such an issue for me. Whilst I disagree with religious advertising, I don't feel compelled to pay it any heed, so i can ignore them easily enough. 

Ignoring blatantly offensive threads discriminating againsts others based on race, religion, gender, etc, etc,  is not something that I can do so easily... or at all tbh. So if threads like those are considered 'acceptable' in this forum, than yes, perhaps you are right & this forum is not for me.

Message 11 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

do you like taking photos?

there are always the odd political threads.  The religious stuff, not so often.

We do try and have fun, but that tends to be frowned upon by the mods. Smiley Frustrated

Sometimes we discuss knees and Grandpa's trout fishing   Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

@modestbods wrote:

Ooooo... 'icy' indeed. Smiley Tongue

Just kidding Icy. I get your point though.

I'm not into facebook, twitter etc, and have no desire to get into them. 

I guess the religious promo threads aren't such an issue for me. Whilst I disagree with religious advertising, I don't feel compelled to pay it any heed, so i can ignore them easily enough. 

Ignoring blatantly offensive threads discriminating againsts others based on race, religion, gender, etc, etc,  is not something that I can do so easily... or at all tbh. So if threads like those are considered 'acceptable' in this forum, than yes, perhaps you are right & this forum is not for me.

people generally post for debate, not "accept"

Message 13 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

Hi modestbods,

no it's not the norm to see the board covered in religious threads.

so don't give up on us  yet

but we do usually have a few anti muslim threads and various political threads from one side or the other & a few general chat threads which can be a bit of fun

Message 14 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

Politics I don't mind, there's too much humour to be found there to not enjoy a lively political debate... especially when it comes to Aussie politics. Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

Usually it is a very balanced forum................. sometimes it is very unbalanced Woman LOL

Message 16 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

@azureline** wrote:

Usually it is a very balanced forum................. sometimes it is very unbalanced Woman LOL

I get the impression that "modestbods" is not new to this forum.
Message 17 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

I like to take people at their word................ until or if, they show differently.

Message 18 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

Is this normal for the CS boards?

I would like to know because I have much better things to do with my time than deal with ignorant fanatics.

yes it is

best thing i could suggest is to move on, don't look back! otherwise you'll get addicted & waste your life away

Signatures suck.
Message 19 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

@icyfroth wrote:

I get the impression that "modestbods" is not new to this forum.

100% new to the CS forum, until now I have been spending my time in the trading on ebay buying/selling boards (mostly buying)... they've been especially slow the last few days though.

As you don't know me, I'm not offended if you don't take my word for it. If it matters to you, then you might want to just ask a few of the trading on ebay board regulars. I'm sure they can confirm that from their experience of me that I wouldn't have been silently lurking around the CS boards, as they would know full well by now that I couldn't keep my trap shut long enough to silently lurk anywhere. Smiley Tongue

Message 20 of 154
Latest reply