Is this carp normal ??

Hi all,

tonight I decided to pay the Community Spirit boards a visit for the first time ever.

I have found myself confronted with numerous religious threads.

Is this normal for the CS boards?

I would like to know because I have much better things to do with my time.

cheers

Message 1 of 154
Latest reply
153 REPLIES 153

Is this carp normal ??

It's ok, there is no rule about it.

Message 21 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

@azureline** wrote:

It's ok, there is no rule about it.

Which? Lurking, or not keeping my trap shut? Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

either! Woman Wink

Message 23 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

Define normalSmiley Happy

I have seen you on the trading boards. modestbods.

Another little passtime some engage in here, with their minds going into overdrive, is trying to infer the 'new' poster isn't infact new to CS at all. (usually if they are newly registered with 0 id's they could be recycled posters).

Message 24 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

LOL that's not unique to CS though, we do the same thing on the trading boards as you know. We have to learn to play detective, as too many thread posters too often fail to give much info, sometimes innocently & sometomes not.

For example:  I'm guessing Icy may have deduced my knowing to use 'carp' in my thread title suggested to her that I've been around the traps of CS before. However I've learned to use 'carp' from trading regulars that I'm aware also frequent CS, but still, if that was what Icy was basing her suspicions on she wasn't too far off the mark.

Message 25 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

Welcome to the arena modestbods .If you decide to stay then I wish you all the luck in the world.

To answer your thread title, yep totally normal, the diversity and vibrancy of fun and debate have left with the multitudes of normal, intelligent posters  except for a very few who refuse to be put to the sword against all odds.

Unfortunately the moderation team has , in the past, found the easy way out unthinkingly.

A word of warning, watch your back.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 26 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

Hey modest, good to see you over on the other side, you are brave coming to CS the first time, and if you have the thickest of skins, you will make it just fine.

Take what you want as you want to take it (I usually have a giggle to myself and carry on regardless) and don't let anyone chase you away.

It used to be a much more volatile place actually, and apart from the odd (and I do mean ODD) poster, not a lot of religious stuff is usually on here.

Smiley Happy

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 27 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

Hi Modest--if you are from the USA-----have you heard about the hoop snakes and drop bears

Here we go again lol................................................Richo.

Message 28 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

... add in ground hogs too please Richo.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 29 of 154
Latest reply

Is this carp normal ??

@serendipityricho wrote:

Hi Modest--if you are from the USA-----have you heard about the hoop snakes and drop bears

Here we go again lol................................................Richo.

Modestbods is not from the USA.

He will well and truly hold his own here and will give a few posters a run for their money.

Message 30 of 154
Latest reply