Khaled Sharrouf's Children.

Khaled Sharrouf was born in Australia, as was his wife. Do (did)  either of them have dual citizenship and do his children have dual citizenship? If they don't, how can the Government strip them of their Australian citizenship and  refuse them re-entry to Australia?

Message 1 of 118
Latest reply
117 REPLIES 117

Re: Khaled Sharrouf's Children.

@village_person wrote:

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

Khaled Sharrouf was born in Australia, as was his wife. Do (did)  either of them have dual citizenship and do his children have dual citizenship? If they don't, how can the Government strip them of their Australian citizenship and  refuse them re-entry to Australia?

We don't need or want this sort of filth in this country. Leave her and her children where they are. They will not be stateless because IS is in the process of creating a state.

I didn't ask whether we wanted them back, I asked whether, under present legislation,  the government had the abilty to refuse to take them back. If they don't then anyone's opinion their worthiness or lack of it - is not really relevant, 

I do confess though, it disturbs me a bit to see you describe a 7 year old child as 'filth.'

Message 91 of 118
Latest reply

Evidence (in those posts) that the rhetoric is working. 

Message 92 of 118
Latest reply

i dont think so.

many australians had already felt this way:

The Opposition Leader, asked what should happen to Tara Nettleton and her five children after the likely death of Sharrouf in Iraq, said he was “particularly concerned about the children” who were victims of child abuse and would need counselling.

“I am particularly concerned about the children here — these children are victims of child abuse,” he told reporters in Canberra.

“Those shocking images, unimaginable images of a parent standing by their child in the middle of that war zone and those atrocities, I do not as a parent understand how on earth anyone, no matter how twisted their own views, would subject their children to that sort of trauma and that sort of child abuse.

“Also as a parent though I know that were these children to return they were going to need a lot of working through what they have seen and done. As a parent I wouldn’t feel comfortable with these children reinserting in a playground with my children or anyone else’s children. But I also recognise that the sins of the father should not be visited and treated as the sins of the children.

“We just need to work through this issue intelligently, and we will take the advice of the security agencies, and that is what Australians want.”

Message 93 of 118
Latest reply

@village_person wrote:

We don't need or want this sort of filth in this country. Leave her and her children where they are. They will not be stateless because IS is in the process of creating a state.

I didn't ask whether we wanted them back, I asked whether, under present legislation,  the government had the abilty to refuse to take them back. If they don't then anyone's opinion their worthiness or lack of it - is not really relevant, 

I do confess though, it disturbs me a bit to see you describe a 7 year old child as 'filth.'

According to the lawyers I've heard speaking about the issue the government has no legal means of refusing them entry. They are Australian born Australian citizens.

Message 94 of 118
Latest reply

@*julia*2010 wrote:

i dont think so.

many australians had already felt this way:

The Opposition Leader, asked what should happen to Tara Nettleton and her five children after the likely death of Sharrouf in Iraq, said he was “particularly concerned about the children” who were victims of child abuse and would need counselling.

“I am particularly concerned about the children here — these children are victims of child abuse,” he told reporters in Canberra.

“Those shocking images, unimaginable images of a parent standing by their child in the middle of that war zone and those atrocities, I do not as a parent understand how on earth anyone, no matter how twisted their own views, would subject their children to that sort of trauma and that sort of child abuse.

“Also as a parent though I know that were these children to return they were going to need a lot of working through what they have seen and done. As a parent I wouldn’t feel comfortable with these children reinserting in a playground with my children or anyone else’s children. But I also recognise that the sins of the father should not be visited and treated as the sins of the children.

“We just need to work through this issue intelligently, and we will take the advice of the security agencies, and that is what Australians want.”

Evidence that the rhetoric is working.

Message 95 of 118
Latest reply

i don't think so

the opinions were formed long before;

when the images of the boy holding a

severed head emerged.  long before 

there was any suggestion of the family

wanting to come back. 

Message 96 of 118
Latest reply

I'll have no trouble sleeping tonight. 

Message 97 of 118
Latest reply

@*julia*2010 wrote:

i don't think so

the opinions were formed long before;

when the images of the boy holding a

severed head emerged.  long before 

there was any suggestion of the family

wanting to come back. 

Evidence that the rhetoric is working.

Message 98 of 118
Latest reply

The youngest is only 4 years old.

I am so glad that child haters are in the minority in this country.

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 99 of 118
Latest reply

@bluecat*dancing wrote:

The youngest is only 4 years old.

I am so glad that child haters are in the minority in this country.

just because I don't want mini terrorists let back in doesn't mean I am a child hater - on the contrary, I personally know and adore many chidren, and should any of those children be taught to think beheading and killing is the way to go I would still love them but not want them anywhere where they can cause harm to anyone or threaten my way of life.

Message 100 of 118
Latest reply