Melbourne teenager 'left to die'

Melbourne teenager 'left to die' on Melbourne street by BMW driver

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-06/coburg-hit-and-run-melbourne-teenager-in-coma/9121098

he'd be a fool not to hand himself in.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

We had an elderly gentleman get hit by a City of Medford vehicle the other night.  He was in a marked crosswalk, ironically the same crosswalk utilized by local police to run "pedestrian stings".  On the driver's behalf, pedestrians using this crosswalk after dark are virtually invisible until they actually step out into the street, and by then it is often too late.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Bet she wasn't wearing a helmet.   I get so angry with the young cyclists who don't

wear their helmets    Now this young girl is paying the price.

He better hand himself in soon.  

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

May his BMW meet a B-Double 

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Coburg hit-and-run: Police find BMW that allegedly struck 13-year-old cyclist, still searching for driver

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-08/coburg-hit-and-run-police-find-bmw-allegedly-hit-13-year-old/9...

i could say something racist but i wont.

the police will catch them.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I reckon if they had a passport, they're long gone.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Well she's been arrested.   But she had to have a lawyer before she handed herself in.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/coburg-hit-and-run-woman-arrested-over-crash-involving-13-y...

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Bet she wasn't wearing a helmet.   I get so angry with the young cyclists who don't

wear their helmets    Now this young girl is paying the price.

He better hand himself in soon.  

Where did it say that she wasnt wearing a helmet?????

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

The girl is in a critical condition in hospital in an induced coma with head injuries and broken bones.

I did say 'I bet she wasn't wearing a helmet'.....I didn't say she wasn't wearing one..

I assumed - because of the head injuries -  she is in an induced coma - and the fact that so many of the young ones don't wear their helmets.

I see them all the time without their helmets.

Is the problem comprehension or just contentious? 

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

i see the same thing here, prolly 1 in 5 doesnt wear a helmet and those that do often dont do the strap up making the helmet useless.

personally i think the helmets are about useless in any real accident. look at a motorcycle helmet in comparison.but if i was riding a bike id wear one because its better than not wearing anything.

a bike helmet is prolly good if you just fall off your bike, but when being met by several tons of car....hmmm, cant see a flimsy bit of plastic saving my noggin.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply