Modern Courtship.

OH works in an office with 3 young female colleagues, all in their 20s.

He's quite used hearing about their sex lives, drunken antics, pregnancy false alarms and period pain discussed openly in front of him.

Lately one of them has split up with her boyfriend and is back on the dating scene. Recently she accepted a lift off a young man who has since been sending her dic pics per mobile phone. This seems to be quite standard for an invitation to take an acquaintance further.

She has now agreed to meet him for a one-night stand at a hotel somewhere in the city on the weekend.

So this is modern courtship. Smiley Surprised

Yesterday on another thread I was suspected of being old-fashioned and sexiest.

I guess I must be, because I find that quite disturbing. I hope he at least buys her dinner first Woman LOL

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: Modern Courtship.

A while back, my hairdresser took a "before" shot of the old fashioned grey bun style before the new me was created.  

The "after" shot was taken for her "album" of success stories.  She wanted to show me the before/after shots and proceeded to scroll through her phone looking for that "before" shot and lo and behold there was a photo of her "boyfriends" appendage.  I asked her for the "after" shot.  Smiley Very Happy

She couldn't apologize enough and reddened greatly, it would have been like showing her Nana.  I think perhaps her boss could have sacked her for this inappropriate behaviour if I had complained.  I suggested she use a separate camera for her professional use.

DEB

Message 31 of 48
Latest reply

@nero_wulf wrote:

This has nothing at all to do with courtship, they are simply meeting for a one night stand. Thats it nothing at all to do with a long term relationship by the looks of this

Its called .....A friend with benefits.... 

Is there is no end to these original (not) comments?

Message 32 of 48
Latest reply

@lloydslights wrote:

A while back, my hairdresser took a "before" shot of the old fashioned grey bun style before the new me was created.  

The "after" shot was taken for her "album" of success stories.  She wanted to show me the before/after shots and proceeded to scroll through her phone looking for that "before" shot and lo and behold there was a photo of her "boyfriends" appendage.  I asked her for the "after" shot.  Smiley Very Happy

She couldn't apologize enough and reddened greatly, it would have been like showing her Nana.  I think perhaps her boss could have sacked her for this inappropriate behaviour if I had complained.  I suggested she use a separate camera for her professional use.

DEB

Woman LOL

Message 33 of 48
Latest reply

She should ask for two photos, one in a relaxed condition and one at full attention, it could make a difference LOL

Keep it nice, I might cry if you write anything upsetting (like not)
Message 34 of 48
Latest reply

Mentioned this to DD and she said it's pretty common.  A male friend has been sent many pics of girly bits.   No more taking

a pic with your camera waiting for the roll to be finished and taking it to get it processed which use to take a few days.

Wouldn't have been allowed even.

It's a different world out there with all of this smart phone stuff, etc.   In my day you went on a date then the anxious

wait if he was going to ring you for a 2nd date. Wouldn't think about calling the guy it wasn't the right thing to do.

Oh for the good old days...................

tip toe through the tulips
Message 35 of 48
Latest reply

I'm 47 and I never waited for a guy to call me for a date. Smiley Frustrated

The last time that happened was the 50's.

Message 36 of 48
Latest reply

Altho on saying that I have a friend waiting for a guy to call at the moment. She has been waiting a few weeks lol.

Message 37 of 48
Latest reply

@tulip*place wrote:

Mentioned this to DD and she said it's pretty common.  A male friend has been sent many pics of girly bits.   No more taking

a pic with your camera waiting for the roll to be finished and taking it to get it processed which use to take a few days.

Wouldn't have been allowed even.

It's a different world out there with all of this smart phone stuff, etc.   In my day you went on a date then the anxious

wait if he was going to ring you for a 2nd date. Wouldn't think about calling the guy it wasn't the right thing to do.

Oh for the good old days...................

you have to be a Moron to send your bits into the digital world. It's out there forever. 

Message 38 of 48
Latest reply

@i-need-a-martini wrote:

Altho on saying that I have a friend waiting for a guy to call at the moment. She has been waiting a few weeks lol.

Could you tell her he's not that into her?

Message 39 of 48
Latest reply

@freddie*rooster wrote:

@i-need-a-martini wrote:

Could you tell her he's not that into her?

Is that a Freudian slip, Freddie?

Message 40 of 48
Latest reply