My Mums update thread

This thread is dedicated to my Mother and her recovery.

Photobucket

On Monday the 4th June 2007, while holidaying in the UK with my Father, my Mother was struck by a van while crossing the road.

Mum spent 88 days in various UK hospitals before finally being brought home back to Australia on the 30th August 2007.

She is currently in The John Whittle Nursing Facility with brain damage

I have set up this thread to keep you all updated on her condition and her improvements and hopefully one day, Mum will be able to read it.
 photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 1 of 1,616
Latest reply
1,615 REPLIES 1,615

Re: My Mums update thread

So sorry to hear that, DDB.

Such a sad tragedy for your family to go through. May your Mum rest in peace now. And may you be at peace now too.

How is your Dad taking it?

Message 1591 of 1,616
Latest reply

I'm sorry to hear the news, Amy.   It would still be hard to bear even though

you expected it for some time.      I hope your dad is coping with the news.

You've had a very hard year.

My thoughts are with you and your family. 

Message 1592 of 1,616
Latest reply

Such sad news....even when it is expected it is still hard to deal with the reality.

How are your children coping with it all?

Message 1593 of 1,616
Latest reply

So sorry to hear about your Mum XXXXX

Message 1594 of 1,616
Latest reply

so sorry to hear that news DDB

and a friend who can no longer post here named J also wishes to send her condolences to you

Message 1595 of 1,616
Latest reply

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

wow, mlor and Pepe, long time no see.

ive spent the day crying but now it's time to work on getting myself to mums funeral, with one arm in a brace.

her funeral is Friday 30th, the day after my birthday.

Cant drive for 5 more weeks, train is booked out, bus has a shocking stop over time at broken hill (11pm till 3:45am),  so looks like it's going to have to be flying.

At this stage it will only be my eldest coming with me.

Message 1596 of 1,616
Latest reply

mloreason
Community Member
daydream flying is the best option. September is my worst month. My mum died on the 22nd and it was her birthday on the 23rd. I think September will be a mixture of emotions for you from now on too. I wish I could say it gets easier, and it does, but not for a long time. I felt a little better after the service was over and our family and mum's friends got together and shared some of our memories of mum. I hope it works out that way for you too. xx
Message 1597 of 1,616
Latest reply

Flights are booked for eldest and myself.

Mums funeral is the day after my birthday.

Message 1598 of 1,616
Latest reply

sorry to hear sending you and yur family my condolences

You are here for a good time
not a long time so enjoy life
Message 1599 of 1,616
Latest reply

I am so sorry for your pain, but am so glad that finally your mum has been released from the hell she has been in for such a long time.  I know you can never be prepared for the loss of a parent, but I know you "lost" your mum some time ago.  I also feel very much for your dad, even though I know you have had your battles with him since your mum's accident. 

I know we have spoken before and I said to you that when the hurt passes, and you feel more comfortable with the idea that mum "got away" rather than today's great sorrow (which is perfectly natural), it will be your turn to help someone else, going through pretty much the same experience as you had, for so long. 

When that opportunity does arise, and it may be some away time in the future, it will also help you a lot to heal. 

At the moment, I am sure you are just raw, as I am sure, is your dad.  Do not forget that your mum lives on in you and your children.

For all that I occasionally visit these pages, and over the years have watched all sorts of nasty things unfold on here, all these messages should reassure you that the world (even the Chin Wag, Community Spirit, whatever you call it world) is full of people who care.  

Lynda

Message 1600 of 1,616
Latest reply