My day

After several hours during the week clearing and cleaning up a messy garden my day started like this before and after 002.JPG

Message 1 of 6,720
Latest reply
6,719 REPLIES 6,719

Re: My day

I succeeded in  hand weeding about 9 square metres of bindi-eye from the front lawn today and plan to finish about the same sized area tomorrow.   I had missed the timeframe of poisoning them.  But I timed it well for weeding as there were no dried prickles yet.

I am diminishing the lawn area by half this year and planting some grasses and red hot pokers to continue a 'bushy/native' low maintenance theme.

I enjoyed listening to the king parrots, finches and magpies (and watching the soldier birds taking their daily ablutions) 

Love this time of year.

DEB

Message 31 of 6,720
Latest reply

Haha I daren't ask Freddie
Message 32 of 6,720
Latest reply

Greencat, is there a special motorbike training course that he can attend?  He may be a responsible person but naive about trusting other road users.

I can understand the "freaking mum" syndrome.  I think that if he does the course, you won't need to freak as much.

Tell him  that you  love him, and to take care every time he goes for a ride.  These words will become his conscience . It will help guide him as he experiences this "freedom".  

DEB

Message 33 of 6,720
Latest reply

So true Deb, bike riders may ride carefully but it's the car drivers they need to second guess.

Message 34 of 6,720
Latest reply

@freddie*rooster wrote:

I have potted plants to put in yet before and after 013.JPG

i don't understand the pot plant on a garden bed set-up, i think they'd be higher maintenance (watering etc)

reckon i would've just planted them straight in the ground

Signatures suck.
Message 35 of 6,720
Latest reply

They would be higher maintenance. But some people like keeping plants in pots so they can move them around
Message 36 of 6,720
Latest reply

Really like the pebbles, nice 'n clean 'n freash looking, well done Fredie ๐Ÿ™‚   Are you going to plant the plants into the garden or leave them in their pots? 

Message 37 of 6,720
Latest reply

Those azaleas in the small pots sitting on the pebbles will be transplanted into larger pots.

Message 38 of 6,720
Latest reply

It's still at the sit it there, no sit it here, no we will plant that, no hang on sit it there Woman Very Happy

Message 39 of 6,720
Latest reply

Our day was spent picking up these, going to build a huge book shelf in the study

Message 40 of 6,720
Latest reply