My day

After several hours during the week clearing and cleaning up a messy garden my day started like this before and after 002.JPG

Message 1 of 6,720
Latest reply
6,719 REPLIES 6,719

Re: My day

Punch, RIP Grandpa.

I have been and had my steroid injection, despite great apprehension and almost cancelling, it was not so bad!  Thanks to my sister, I am now home resting for the day but............. no boot camp for 2 weeks he says.Woman Frustrated

Message 851 of 6,720
Latest reply

@punch*drunk wrote:

I'm off this morning to say a final farewell to my grandpa, we are scattering his ashes today. Some on his parents graves and the rest out to sea. Its his birthday today, he would have been 93.

RIP grandpa โ™ฅ

Punch ๐Ÿ’œ 

Give your dad a hug from me xxx

Message 852 of 6,720
Latest reply

twinkles roses.jpg

Your roses are beautiful Twinkles.  Time for me to catch up.

Joono
Message 853 of 6,720
Latest reply

Thanks guys โ™ฅ

He's gone back to his home town. Some of his ashes are now resting with his parents and sisters, some have been sprinkled out the front of his family home (unfortunately its been recently demolished) and the rest have gone out to sea....well the tide was incoming so they didnt quite go straight out, they drifted up the river a bit first but I'm sure they're out there where they belong now. After that we had a lovely lunch with the family, mostly my mums cousins who we rarely see so it was nice to catch up with them.

Twinks we didnt take dad, it would be too much for him now, but I'll pass on that hug tomorrow. We are going to check out a new nursing home for him tomorrow afternoon.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 854 of 6,720
Latest reply

Awwww thanks for the roses J Woman LOL

Message 855 of 6,720
Latest reply

I hope the new nursing home works out, even if it is just marginally better, that's a good thing.

We were reluctant to change given the resettling time but it was a positive move. ๐Ÿ™‚ you will know.

Message 856 of 6,720
Latest reply

Well the front door issue will be rectified soon. We contacted a elderly chap close by who does a bit of handyman work he's going to repair the bottom of the door and I will stain it and replace the current door mechanism with a whole new door knob. A lot cheaper then a new door, as I said to Mr F for each $ we save that means I can spend more on the bathroom reno Woman LOL

Az i'm glad you were brave and didn't sook Smiley Very Happy

Message 857 of 6,720
Latest reply

My sister has decided in advance that she doesnt like it and therefore I wont like it either....sigh.

At this stage, they have a vacancy, its a private room, its in a convenient position and he's starting to be a menace to the other residents where he is, so its looking good as far as I'm concerned. Unless there is something offputting about the place or the staff I'm not seeing a downside to the move. I'm sure he'll adapt soon enough. If I leave him where he is they will be putting him in a shared room and I think that will be harder for him to cope with.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 858 of 6,720
Latest reply

Punchy go with your gut feelings you will know once you visit the new place. Good luck with your decision.

Message 859 of 6,720
Latest reply

Sounds like a plan re your door Freddie ..... Bathroom renos aren't cheap lol

Lovely day here, out shopping with a friend away from the never ending paint smell
Message 860 of 6,720
Latest reply