My day

After several hours during the week clearing and cleaning up a messy garden my day started like this before and after 002.JPG

Message 1 of 6,720
Latest reply
6,719 REPLIES 6,719

Re: My day

@freddie*rooster wrote:

Beautiful Helen thanks, orchids are so delicate the Princess has 3 orchids in her room at the moment a dear friend  sent them to her for her B'Day.

My favourites.

Sooo exotic.

Like this :

Flying Duck Orchid.

Flying Duck Orchid.jpg

Ballerina.jpgBallerina Orchid

Message 4351 of 6,720
Latest reply

Orchids can be so intricate.

they make me think of Raymond Chandler (The Big Sleep) which in turn makes me think of a gin and tonic 🙂

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 4352 of 6,720
Latest reply

Do you grow orchids Helen?

LOVE amber's word associations lol

Message 4354 of 6,720
Latest reply

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:

Orchids can be so intricate.

they make me think of Raymond Chandler (The Big Sleep) which in turn makes me think of a gin and tonic 🙂

Pour two.

On my way.

Message 4355 of 6,720
Latest reply

@bushies.girl wrote:

Do you grow orchids Helen?

LOVE amber's word associations lol

Me also.

Yes, I have a go.

Into Bromelliads also.

But  - visited a friend of my late mother last week for Christmas - 84 - bottle of Black Label - a good chat.

On leaving she gave me a pot with a leaf firmly planted.

It has a long 'thing' growing out of the leaf.

Told me it was 'Queen of the Night' or Lady of the Night'.

Gets these amazing flowers - they have the most beautiful perfume - open for one night only - then die.

She says hers opens around 9pm - dead by morning.

Just love it - will get a pic & add it here - let it grow - see what happens.

Not sure I will ever see the flowers - 9pm is reading bed time - unless the 25 year old keeps me up for company.

Message 4356 of 6,720
Latest reply

Has/does anyone grow Lilums/Asiatic lillies? I saw one at Mitre 10 they wanted $24 for one plant which surprised me as Aldi sell the flowers for $5 a bunch, think I will buy bulbs instead.

Message 4357 of 6,720
Latest reply

Family day here with a couple of grandchildren and their parents.............. I played card games and chess, checkers etc as well as watched a dvd about dinosaurs.

Just back from my walk with my sister, niece and nephew, ready for an early night........... after a nice dinner.

Someone asked about my fit bit. It tracks my exercise and sleep, can also track my food intake as well as water but I am not that pedantic, lol.

I like it because it encourages me to do that walking routine daily, surprising how many steps we take in a day, too.

Message 4358 of 6,720
Latest reply

Az it was Rosie asking about the fit bit, your day sounds lovely it's a long time since I played any of those games Woman Embarassed

Bushy here a link to https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Liliums/Asiatic+lilies&sa=X&biw=1536&bih=733&tbm=isch&tbo=u&sourc...

Message 4359 of 6,720
Latest reply

Wow, thanks for the link freddie, I think they are so pretty, but $24 for one when I want heaps, seems a tad expensive to me.

Uneventful day here, stuck inside 'cause of the awful weather, house is shining ( boring ), drawers have been cleaned out ( boring ), nothing on the telly worth watching tonight, Mr B is watching Sea Change dvds and playing with his new toy, I have been a "puter widow" for the past few day while he figured it all out lol

garening.jpg

Message 4360 of 6,720
Latest reply