My heart beaks

For that poor little innocent baby tossed away like a sack of garbage down the storm water drain. I can't get my head around how any Mother could do such a thing. Never having gone through PND I can't fogive her actions as a Mother wouldn't you call out for help before it came to this?

Message 1 of 193
Latest reply
192 REPLIES 192

Re: My heart beaks

I wonder if we will ever get the whole story. Where are any of her family I wonder? How do you give birth to a child and then get rid of it without friends or family noticing for several days, she is either very, very alone in this world or her family are aware of what happened, so why didnt they say or do anything? The whole thing is very hard to understand.

Doing family history research I often come across baptisms and registrations of foundlings. This is not a new problem, its been happening for centuries.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 11 of 193
Latest reply

955192-3x2-340x227.jpg

Safe Havens have been available in many countries for decades.  As usual Australia is way behind the times in regard to the welfare of children.

If they were in place it would reduce greatly the child abuse statistics also.

Message 12 of 193
Latest reply

True Punchy, it makes me wonder how many innocent little babies have been discarded in similar circumstances. It was just fortunate those bike riders heard this poor little baby crying.

Message 13 of 193
Latest reply

incredible that the baby not only survived the

fall but the whole ordeal.

Message 14 of 193
Latest reply

it's so sad.  I also can't imagine how a mother could do something like that. Surely, if she was in trouble, she could've turned to someone for help??

throwing a baby into a drain, with a 2.5 metre drop is just cruel.

I hope he is OK & is found a loving family, surely he can't go back to a dangerous situation like that

the mother is 30, is that right?

Message 15 of 193
Latest reply

Rats

Spiders

Flood waters

Animals

even a stray paedophile on the lookout for kids

Heat

Thirst

Hunger

Loneliness

Did the mother eat and/or drink while that baby lay there in the heat ?

Personally, I'm betting she did

Minute by minute

hour after dark, hot, hungry and thirsty hour

that tiny baby lay there

My opinion -- sterilize the mother in addition to pressing charges

Message 17 of 193
Latest reply

And let's not forget snakes, seeking somewhere dark and cool

Message 18 of 193
Latest reply

I'd like more information before passing judgement on what surely must be a result of mental illness. So very sad....left for 5 days seems unlikely.

PND can be dibilitating resulting in acts a mother would never consider when in a healthy mental state. 

Message 19 of 193
Latest reply

What a little fighter, though!

Up to five days in a drain, dehydrated, cold, hungry, survived a 2.5 metre drop on concrete after being squeezed through a drain opening and still had enough strength to cry out loud for rescue! 

Still looked nuggety enough in the pictures,  no longer critical, now been pronounced stable.

I hope he finds a loving person to car for him.

Message 20 of 193
Latest reply