My heart beaks

For that poor little innocent baby tossed away like a sack of garbage down the storm water drain. I can't get my head around how any Mother could do such a thing. Never having gone through PND I can't fogive her actions as a Mother wouldn't you call out for help before it came to this?

Message 1 of 193
Latest reply
192 REPLIES 192

Re: My heart beaks

Where her parents live is irrelevant

'Some women keep their pregnancies secret ' ?

Happens a lot, does it ?   Happens a lot amidst a gang of close relatives all living in very close quarters for months ?

This discussion has taken a very odd turn

and many posts here fly directly in the face of comments made in international media and elsehwere online

In about six months (if I can be bothered)  I'll voice my opinions here about the existence of unicorns or how eating cupcakes is a sure-fire diet strategy

just for the fun of seeing the old ebay board regulars oppose for the sake of it

even when nothing they say makes an iota of sense, even to them

Off now to more mature discussion elsewhere online  ....

Message 81 of 193
Latest reply

Which of these women is expecting a baby?

ssdd.jpg

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls.jpg

dfafsff.jpg

Message 82 of 193
Latest reply

@polocross58 wrote:

I don't agree

It may well be that women who kill their children are rarely prosecuted

But I disagree that the vast majority of cases are the result of 'severe mental illness', any more than I agree that drugs and drink or temporary mental illness should be cited as 'responsible' for violent crime and murder

It's a contradiction to claim that a woman is so 'severely mentally ill' that on one hand she would murder her child (or attempt to)

yet is simultaneously sane enough to conceal the murder (or attempted murder)

Someone who is genuinely 'severely mentally ill' would be too far gone to traipse a distance to an isolate stretch of road to dispose of her child so that it will remain concealed and will not impact upon her own liberty

A genuinely 'severely mentally ill' individual is not canny enough to cover their tracks -- or even recognise a need to cover their tracks

You obviously have a very superficial understanding of mental illness.

Message 83 of 193
Latest reply

...And somehow the parents with whom she resides never suspect she is with child.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/sins-of-the-mother-the-tragedy-of-neonaticide-20101218-191ee.html#ixz...

Message 84 of 193
Latest reply

@polocross58 wrote:

Are you writing a work of FICTION ?

About what?

It is not fiction to state results of research that I have been involved in.  It is fact.

Message 85 of 193
Latest reply

*pepe
Community Member

There really is no point to guessing - i really hope I am wrong, that there really is a reason other than selfishness that caused this woman to throw her baby in the drain.

The main thing is her murder attempt failed and this baby is alive and hopefuly goes to loving parents and has a long and happy life.

Message 86 of 193
Latest reply

i would hate to be facing a crime with you lot on the jury, the facts arnt even known yet and already you lot have convicted the mother

for those who say that pnd is not an excuse , i say ever experenced it? or been around some one with it, i have and i can tell youanything is posible to a person with it  anuthing can be justified in their mind, so dont be so quick to judge her as  evil  she may well just need help

Photobucket
Message 87 of 193
Latest reply

How I wish there was a percentage of some of the outrage here spent on the horrific statistics of child abuse in families who kept their unwanted babies.

Message 88 of 193
Latest reply

@kilroy_is_here wrote:

i would hate to be facing a crime with you lot on the jury, the facts arnt even known yet and already you lot have convicted the mother

for those who say that pnd is not an excuse , i say ever experenced it? or been around some one with it, i have and i can tell youanything is posible to a person with it  anuthing can be justified in their mind, so dont be so quick to judge her as  evil  she may well just need help

Thank you Kilroy, your post is very thoughtful.

There is so much more PND in the community than is generally known.

Message 89 of 193
Latest reply

I suppose it takes all kinds. With so many pregnant women who smoke, drink, or use other harmfull drugs, mothers opting for baby formula over their own breast milk, and then this, i have to wonder what these women are thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyqeQa-HOv0

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 90 of 193
Latest reply