Mygov offline

Is it me or has mygov evacuated it's bowels already ? Access denied " currently unavailable"  , I could only gain at second try (using Linux os) access long enough to claim , then access denied " currently available - sorry for the inconvenience "

I hope it is just my connection

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Mygov offline

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's working fine for me.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

I still have my mygov account. I tried to login, got my access pin and that was as far as I got. The site's probably overloaded with queries due to covid. Might be best to visit your Centrelink office.
Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Going by the news the mygov system has crashed. there are huge lines at the centrelink offices 

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

@myoclon1cjerk wrote:
I still have my mygov account. I tried to login, got my access pin and that was as far as I got. The site's probably overloaded with queries due to covid. Might be best to visit your Centrelink office.

I was able to claim , but need some editing of my business details, so am concerned

48 hour curfew for VIC and NSW so can not travel , as would not be seen as essential and I would attract unpleasant attention in transit

First the supermarket toilet paper denial , then soft version martial law , now mygov down - are we viral victims or social development  lab rats  ?

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

@latina4621 wrote:

Going by the news the mygov system has crashed. there are huge lines at the centrelink offices 

Typical Australia , lofty objectives , then cheap charlie implimentations, never building in enough contingency support , look at the NBN , gov customer support answer times,

Does sould like I was super fortunate in gaining access enough to make a claim - maybe a heroic IT tech enabled fleeting access priority for relatively remote region people - city struggle class can just bus down to the local c/link centre and pub

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

I've just tried to log in and it states that MyGov is unavailable. Thank you for your patience.

I hope it is up and running tomorrow!
Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

MyGov hit by cyber attack.

The Federal Government has confirmed the MyGov website, which is used to access Centrelink services online, was hit by a denial of service cyber attack this morning.

A denial of service attack is where hackers flood a website with users so that the site becomes overloaded.

It's the type of attack that was used to bring down the Census website in 2016.

Demand for MyGov services has risen dramatically, with many Australians who have been stood down due to extra coronavirus restrictions seeking access to unemployment benefits.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/coronavirus/mygov-hit-by-cyber-attack-as-tens-of-thousands-of-austral...

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

well of course the centrelink site will fail it was never designed for a time when thousands of people would be trying to use it at the same time.

all these years of cutting anything with anything to do with the poor is now going to show up in big bright lights.

the under staffed offices australia wide will bog down under the influx.

lets say the average interview takes 30 minutes

(and i'm sure signing up takes longer than that)

and there is only 6 staff in the office full of newly unemployed?

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply