Photo Challenge #104 Theme - Memories of Mother

This one is dedicated for my mother now with not long on this earth.

Theme is Precious memories or moments of mother.

Mums give birth to us, feed, care and nuture us, the most special person in our lives without a doubt.

Photo(s) must be your own work.

Photo enhancement is permitted but must also be your own work.

Everyone is welcome to enter and anyone can give kudos.

Winner is the photo with the most kudos.

The winner chooses the next theme - if there is a tie, the OP chooses the winner.

Ends Sunday evening 8pm ish.

image host
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Emotive topic   ...... some of us did NOT have a great time with their mother 😞   

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

some of us did NOT have a great time with their mother

I guess not, perhaps there are still some fond moments to be treasured.

image host
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

some of us did NOT have a great time with their mother

I guess not, perhaps there are still some fond moments to be treasured.

Not for me   ... but hey, some others make like the topic

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

@lyhargr_0 wrote:

I had similar issues with my father. A real piece of work.....BUT I have found it is much better for my mental health and relationships with other family members to understand and respect the fact that my experiences with my father where not the same as some others in the family. Mutual respect and understanding of different peoples relationships can lead to acceptance, healing and inner peace.

Kopes, It must be a difficult time for you, my thoughts are with you.

I don't have a lot of photos of my mother, but one of my great memories as a child was gathering around the old slide out projector screen, mounted on the wonky tripod to watch 8 mm. home movies of kids birthday parties and my mother in her one piece bathing suit swimming in the above ground pool in the back yard on a stinking hot summer day or showing off roses grown in the garden of the old corrugated iron farm house.

The house was ancient even in the 1960,s, but my mother tended a beautiful garden all watered from an old, hard garden hose running from an overhead tank on a high, rusty stand. The tank was fed by an old pump jack, powered by a stationary engine that would putt away for hours, pumping water to the tank for mums garden. It was a pretty harsh enviroment and the Garden was her pride and joy. One of our jobs as kids was to crawl under the shearing shed to shovel sheep poo into a small wheel barrow for mums roses. The adults where too big to fit under the shed, so it was the kids job.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

@lyhargr_0 wrote:

I had similar issues with my father. A real piece of work.....BUT I have found it is much better for my mental health and relationships with other family members to understand and respect the fact that my experiences with my father where not the same as some others in the family. Mutual respect and understanding of different peoples relationships can lead to acceptance, healing and inner peace.

Pleased it worked out well for you   🙂

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Kopes, this is a very sad time for you. 

I hope she's comfortable and is surrounded by those who love her.

My mum was too religious for her own good and to the detriment of the family,

but she did her best, I guess.

I don't know if I can find anything, but I'll give it a go.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks stawks.

I will post another topic.

Consider this a duplicate thread.

image host
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

house.JPG

OK so I,m too late for the comp, but I went back and stayed at my remote farm last night and while in the district visited my old family home where I grew up, to get some pics for the photo comp. . It was a real trip down memory lane. The house was old even when I was a kid, but my mother had a beautiful green garden, full of roses, climbing sweet peas and a huge vegie garden. Everything was painted up nicely and my parents really made the best of an old farm house.

The old stone shed in the foreground still houses the mint 1965 XP Falcon ute I purchased as a lad and put on blocks. Its that long since it was registered, it still has the six digit numeric number plates. While at the farm I visited the old blacksmiths shop. On wet winters days it was my job to turn the handle on the old forge as my father hammered the red hot steel into new harrow points on the anvil. I gave the handle a spin and the forge came alive again, blowing years of drought dust and charcoal into the air. Its nearly fifty years since anyone lived at the property and time is slowly taking its toll. Pigeons roost in the roof of the old house and the garden is long gone. The only remaining remnant of my mums garden was an ancient hedge of Red Hot Pokers. They have survived droughts and floods and where in full bloom.

While the property only received 180 mm. of rain this year the crops are still yielding 9-11 bags per acre. A huge result and testament to modern farming techniques and adaption to climate change. After visiting the old farm, I went into town and had lunch at my mothers house. All up a great day. Thanks for the prod and memories Kopes.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply