Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Recent Wild Weather

weather.gif

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I,m off today to repair a creek crossing that was washed away in recent storms. This is a fairly large, substantial section of track 20 metres across and five metres wide, that has stood for at least 40 years and possibly longer. . It was built with rocks the size of a persons head, topped with a thin layer of concrete.  The creek turned into a raging river. The two 1.5 metre round pipes had NOOOOO chance of handling the flow. The cement surface and rocks underneath have been swept away until only a thin two metre section is still passable. This section is undermined and unstable and I havnt been game to cross it. Today I need to drive a ute and industrial trailer with a heavy skid steer loader across it. Theres no-one else around either.

If you dont hear from me again, you will know what happened   Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Take care, go slowly and you'll be fine xxx

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

love to see some photos if you can take some

built 2 creeck crossings at our old place, first one lasted all the years we were there 

the second one was starting to create a huge hole on the down side where the water from the pipe plus water during flooding would drop over the side. a year before we moved i added huge amounts of concrete to the bottem of the hole to stop it getting deeper.

i wonder how those crossings went during adelaides latest floodings.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

..Take care chameleon, I had a similar problem once and it was dangerous work.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply