Remember my cat problem?

Well I re -decorated my room, stunning... 4 layers of paint(floor) and two clear coats so about 6 in all, new carpets new everything.  A week or so into my new room and guess what the lil bu**er does? Pees and poops in exactly the same place.  By now I am thinking this cat better be sick or else its going outside permanently (not that I could do it really).  So off to the vets and nearly 300 later she's depressed and suffering anxiety.  Came home with pills, anti anxiety collar and anything else we thought might help....  The vet tells me she has a good memory... I feel comforted NOT lol

I have a feeling she will be living a lot of her life in an enclosure with limited time inside, she done thousands of dollars damage... still its not her fault...  Oh and did I say I now need new carpet *sigh*

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Remember my cat problem?

gleee58
Community Member

can you put something over the spot so she can't do it there?

Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

Remember my cat problem?

I've tried everything, totally lost it seems there are other places round the house as well 😞 I'll see how she goes on the anti anxiety drugs. I've had her 11 years, so I guess this is just another stage in the journey.  She is also aggressive toward other cats 😞

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

Remember my cat problem?

Try puting a litter tray where she likes to go.

Try just a light rub of Cinnimon oil on the place she peeing, some times that will work

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

Remember my cat problem?

Hi Lion thanks for the suggestion, at the moment I have locked her out of the bedroom. I don't get it she wasn't in there for 3 months sigh.  I can't abide a litter tray where I get out of bed, there is not enough room.  I'd step in it. Bed can't be moved as the room is smallish.  I have placed another litter tray and feeding area out though but not in that place. So now she has two areas to choose from.  I have 4 cats 4 litter trays and 2 feeding areas.

Once I get the cat enclosure finished there will be another tray maybe two and another feeding area. I'm thinking of putting her there during the times the behaviour is worse with a heated bed.  She would still come in for cuddles and pats but at night provided we can keep it warm enough it is another option.  This is when the behaviour is worse its a hard one we love piddle and all lol!!

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

Remember my cat problem?

It Is hard Bella if you have a cat like that.

How old is she ?? if she is young there is still a chance she will get out of that habit.

Some times if there is a Tom cat hanging around out side it will upset a nervous she cat.

You love them then they pee in your bedroom.

I have always had cats from kittens and have trained them to a litter tray by scratching their feet in it.

All the cats I have had have gone out side and been in side for the night.

Cat I have now has a litter tray in the bathroom that she only wee's in at night.

I see you have other cats, she could be marking her territory to keep the other cats away from that area

Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

Remember my cat problem?

Hi Lion she is 11 years old, knows how to use the litter tray but is a very anxious girl.  I've tried a lot with her over the years.  I did cat rescue for a while but she didn't cope too well so I stopped.  I have two younger cats who are 2 and another older girl who is 15.

I think its anxiety I have the pheromone calming collar on her and she will be on anti depressants for about a month I'll try to work with her during that time to break the habit.  The thing is with her any change no matter how small sets her off.  I tried to clean my carpet but its a throw out job 😞  But at the end of the day she is worth far more than anything I own.  It just gets harder to replace as my income becomes less.

I am hoping having a cat enclosure will help her as well.

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

Remember my cat problem?

Rugs lots and lots of rugs

Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

Remember my cat problem?

Forget the new carpet, and let the cat have a free reign. The world is going to end in September.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/592987/End-of-the-world-asteroid-Blood-Moon-September-apocalyp...

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

Remember my cat problem?

Bella White vinegar also helps get rid of the pee smell, good luck

Message 10 of 33
Latest reply