Safe Weekend Everyone

Have a great weekend and stay safe everyone, particularly those affected by the bad weather !  Gee we need rain, so hate to complain, but not as much as what's on it's way by the sound of the forecasts

Rain clouds.png

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Safe Weekend Everyone

I think I can safely say what I won't be doing LOL

image.jpeg

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

@lurker172602 wrote:

I think I can safely say what I won't be doing LOL

image.jpeg

That would've gone well when I lived in Portland,(similar conditions for 5 months of the year),shok.gif

Our forecast changed from possible showers to rain for today and tomorrow,(due to all that wet stuff coming

this way from above).stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

All we need is a "bit" of wind to push it out to sea,good.gif

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Help.....send in the Ark.

We have had 85mm of rain since it started late last night and now the wind has arrived....the rain is belting against the front of the house.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

It's just eased off a bit here lyndal - water tanks are overflowing and the dam is almost full.  It was almost dry, for the first time in 8 years, so a good sight.  And for those who recall our catastrophe a while back, the chook house and aviaries are still standing Heart

Continue to stay safe everyone . . . . . . . .

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Good to hear. Mbs.

So much water here going to waste down the stormwater drains out into the ocean. Like there's not enough water in the ocean...

Ventured out a while ago when the wild gusts of wind eased up a bit. Or so I thought.

Nearly ended up flying away with my umbrella Mary Poppins style! 

The umbrella's wrecked.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

Good to hear. Mbs.

So much water here going to waste down the stormwater drains out into the ocean. Like there's not enough water in the ocean...

Ventured out a while ago when the wild gusts of wind eased up a bit. Or so I thought.

Nearly ended up flying away with my umbrella Mary Poppins style! 

The umbrella's wrecked.

Oh icy, that's funny, but not at the same time . . . . . . . . .

Yes, it is a shame seeing it go to waste - we have 2 huge inground concrete tanks, but when we go a while without decent rain, they run dry & I curse the times they overflowed.

Where abouts are you ?  We're south of Brissie and it's long passed here (well we think it has Smiley Surprised)

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Nice to hear the rain gods have smiled on you MB. It is very stressful when the dams run dry and the dust blows.

Its been a beautiful sunny day here for kids sport. Around 19o, slight breeze, light cloud and just paradise. We had a very dry spring, summer and  autumn and sheep feed and dam water was scarce. With around 1000 sheep it was a full time job for several months just moving them between different properties chasing the pick of feed and we had to cart water daily to some mobs.

We have been fortunate to have good rains for the last six to eight weeks. The ewes are lambing nicely onto green grass, the pasture seeds are sown and growing strongly and the long range forecast sounds promising for a wet winter and spring.

Even our remote, marginal country property has jagged some nice localised rains which neighbouring properties unfortunately missed out on, The crops are growing strongly and livestock are doing well.

Its been hard work but we feel blessed to have got through the dry OK. and are looking forward to a positive season..

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Yes chameleon the rain certainly was welcome and while it is horrible to see the dam dry and the grass brown and brittle, for us it's not as important as it is for you with your sheep.  Our dam is primarily just for the wildlife, no livestock here, we're only on 2 and half acres of rural residential property, but it's our piece of paradise Smiley Happy

Glad to hear the weather has been kind to you, with all your hard work it is good to hear when things go well.  Your post paints such a beautiful image and has so much feeling, if you ever gave up your day job you could write for a living Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply