Should we withdraw aid from Indonesia?

Apparently we've withdrawn our ambassador, should we also withdraw aid?

My husband says we should redirect the money to try and curb our growing ice epidemic in Australia...good point I suppose.

I dont think the execution of prisoners is a reason to withdraw aid, but I think there needs to be a good long look at where the aid is going to due to the high levels of corruption in the country. Is the aid actually reaching those that need it? If so, then we probably shouldnt withdraw it. But if its just lining the pockets of corrupt politicians, then we probably should.

I'm guessing there will at least be a hefty reduction in aid in the next budget anyway.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 1 of 58
Latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

Re: Should we withdraw aid from Indonesia?

It stops working if people don't talk. 

So goodnight.

Message 51 of 58
Latest reply

Or not. Chuk. You said it could never be.That's why.

Message 52 of 58
Latest reply

I think this deserves more than just kudos:

@lind9650 wrote:

Why all the outcry about the laws of a country that we have no juristriction over? Why should another country change their laws, just because we don't like it or don't agree with?

What about those that want to change our laws and customs? What right do we have to dictate to another country how to manage their affairs and what laws they should or should not have?

Indonesia is not the only country full of corruptions and bad regulations.

Just because todays media is fast and available world wide, and sensationalism makes money, the media will fuel the outrage bus, forgetting that there are potholes in our roads of righteousness.

Erica

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 53 of 58
Latest reply

Well said

Message 54 of 58
Latest reply

If we are going to offer our displeasure at Indonesian law and how we feel about them should we submit Australia's 2015/2016 federal budget for Indonesia's approval? Seems the only course open to us if we are going to tell them how some of their laws upset us.

Message 55 of 58
Latest reply

@j*oono wrote:

That was so very well said Bluecat and exactly how decent people feel.  

Severe injustice.

Another ex cathedra pronouncement.

Message 56 of 58
Latest reply

ladydeburg
Community Member

Boycott going to Bali If you don't want your son or daughter jailed for life for buying a joint or an ecstasy tab or worse, the place is filthy with drugs.

Message 57 of 58
Latest reply

They sell drugs on the street and the Police turn a blind eye.

Message 58 of 58
Latest reply