Snake question

I need to cut some very long grass and we seem to be a haven for snakes.
As it has been heavily raining here for the past few days, does anyone know if it is safer to wait until the grass is dry before cutting it.
Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Snake question

I have just two words for your situation jean, and they would be "flame" and "thrower" ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 35
Latest reply

Snake question

@lurker172602 wrote:
I have just two words for your situation jean, and they would be "flame" and "thrower" ๐Ÿ™‚

Or move into a very nice hotel.

Robot surprised

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Snake question

Message 2 of 35
Latest reply

Snake question

@lurker172602 wrote:

Or move into a very nice hotel.

Robot surprised

Message 3 of 35
Latest reply

Snake question

I have two words as well Jims MowingCat Tongue.

Seriously though Jean I have no idea if wet or dry grass would be better, we have lots of snakes but not a lot of grass as most of our garden is a rock garden and they hide between the rocks so we don't see them.

Message 4 of 35
Latest reply

Snake question

Have a Field Day for the local Agricultural/Mower merchandisers.  Rent them the space for a couple of hours and charge $5 for the BBQ snag sandwiches that you'll be cooking within the fully moated garage.Smiley LOL

DEB

Message 5 of 35
Latest reply

Snake question

@jean2579 wrote:
I need to cut some very long grass and we seem to be a haven for snakes.
As it has been heavily raining here for the past few days, does anyone know if it is safer to wait until the grass is dry before cutting it.

So which is it going to be - or both.

Robot wink

Message 6 of 35
Latest reply

Snake question

Wet or dry I'd be very very careful.
The grass needs to be cut to make your enviroment safer but would it in this case be worth the investment to hire a proffesional mower person just to get it under control
Message 7 of 35
Latest reply

Snake question

Creative*crisis, I asked our regular mower man and he said to hit it with rogor. OH does not approve, so it has to be cut.
Message 8 of 35
Latest reply

Snake question

Have you got tall gumboots or better yet waders that you could beg or borrow, By protecting most of your legs you should be relatively safe?
Message 9 of 35
Latest reply

Snake question

Put drums close to grass, bang drums loudly while you are jumping up and down and screaming like a banshee that should scare them away Woman LOL

Don't forget to wear long thick boots and gloves just in case.

Message 10 of 35
Latest reply