Supporting Australian grown... not

legarlu
Community Member

DD went to Woolies the other day to buy passionfruit.  The produce section didn't have any but she did manage

to get some tinned Passionfruit Pulp (select brand).   I checked where it came from.  "Made in China".

Australia doesn't grow passionfruit now we have to import them.  Disgusting.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Supporting Australian grown... not

LOL!  My elderly Mum couldn't cook to save her life! Maybe her cutlets would have been better with sawdust coating?! Couldn't have been worse!

So who can afford lamb cutlets nowadays? Lamb used to be the cheaper "go to" meat for most Aussies. Now I think it's chicken. The whole bird or cheaper cuts are still fairly inexpensive. I get a roast; Noodle dish, curry, or pie filling, & sometimes even a soup from a bird of around 2.5kg in weight for 3-4 people each time. Add appropriate veg to each incarnation & your chook changes flavours & isn't boring!

Have you seen the prices for lamb @ butchers & supermarkets recently? I'll bet it's not the farmers who are getting the profits! & how can chicken growers & processors supply a prepared fowl for less than $5.00 a kilo & still have the retailer take their cut? I guess they lose out too?

Message 31 of 31
Latest reply