The 'RANT' Thread.

So, what gets up your hooter ? What makes your hackles rise, so much so that even just thinking about it, practically induces an apoplectic fit ? Could be anything, a news item, something you encounter in everyday life, drivers/driving, work/housework, public transport, politics/politician, a TV programme, teenagers, a certain commodity or product, a celebrity, mode of dress, a sport, social media sites, mobile phone users, advertising, tattoos, the weather, tin rattlers, technology, bad service, modern architecture, overuse of the word 'amazing', certain music, user manuals, call centres, a neighbour, anything at all that gets you all steamed up.

They say just letting vent on paper has a cathartic effect. Dusty Springfield, when something annoyed her, would buy a bag full of cheap crockery from Woollies, and smash it all individually up against the wall. Now I'm not advocating going to that extreme, but unbutton your waistcoat, loosen your stays, and just put it all down in typeface on here. You'll feel much better for it. Honest.

Please Note. Be mindful of the Board rules and regulations - No foul language - Thank You.

Go...

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: The 'RANT' Thread.

@joa_ell wrote:

I tryrd, i i think about it for awhile then decided that given the cercumstances, it might not be a good idea to post about things that, how should I put this? It's like asking a fish to tell you what the best bait to use to catch them, or, a fish. I guess.

I'm sorry, i'll read it again. Maybe I mis did not understaood

All the OP is asking is :

What is something that really, really, pee's you off.

Easy peasy etc.

Actually not surprising when - 'Maybe I mis did not understaood'.

Could do with a translation also.

Message 21 of 45
Latest reply

Easy peasy? ok,

What erks me is when folks find out what erks me, then use that against me as a baiting tactic, and I'm not only refering to cops. But I doubt thats what you want to hear, or rather read. So let me just make up something in an effort to play niice.

ok I got it. when people say they are burning a CD or DVD. They are recording! for goodness sakes, they are not burning anything, unless they are actually burning something, ya know, with fire, then to those people I say "I'm very sorry and please don't harm me"

Message 22 of 45
Latest reply

Persecution complexes irk me.

Message 23 of 45
Latest reply

@lloydslights wrote:

"Bro" and the french version "Breaux"

The hand clasp/grip while thumping/clashing chests as a greeting between the "Bro's"

DEB

that ok, no one says bro now. Its brah or bruz if you wanna be cool 

as for the handshake.....there is a great song about that but if bruz gets up your nose dont bother listening to it

Message 24 of 45
Latest reply

@joa_ell wrote:

Easy peasy? ok,

What erks me is when folks find out what erks me, then use that against me as a baiting tactic, and I'm not only refering to cops. But I doubt thats what you want to hear, or rather read. So let me just make up something in an effort to play niice.

ok I got it. when people say they are burning a CD or DVD. They are recording! for goodness sakes, they are not burning anything, unless they are actually burning something, ya know, with fire, then to those people I say "I'm very sorry and please don't harm me"

actually it uses a laser to etch the data into the CD therefore it does technically burn the data. Burning doesnt always involve flame

Message 25 of 45
Latest reply

Nits!

When some parents are too lazy to treat their kids hair 

Message 26 of 45
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

Well I wouldn't say it makes my heckles rise but I really don't like the Optus ads with that comedienne Claire Hooper.  They are neither funny nor amusing in any way.

The Yes ads with Josh Thomas are good though.

Joono
Message 27 of 45
Latest reply

People in public office, who are well educated who say they cant use email.

Relax and retire fgs..

Message 28 of 45
Latest reply

Any form of animal cruelty makes me feel utter rage.

I don't just rant and waffle on about it.....I do all I humanly can to fight it.

Write letters, campaign, petition, donate, support anti cruelty organisations both here and overseas.

This is an issue which drives me.

Rage is good if you use it as a motivation.

Message 29 of 45
Latest reply

• The constant use of the word 'amazing' for anything good. Never fantastic, excellent, brilliant, splendid, wonderful, fabulous, phenomenal, outstanding, etc, etc.

• 'Alternative Comedy' and it's exponents. Usually an alternative to comedy. Leprosy is funnier.

• Any TV programme about cooking, property, or containing the word 'celebrity' in the title. Oh, and soaps. *yawn*. 

• Diagrams. Those silly little drawings, with just a series of pointing arrows in the place of text, that you find in instruction manuals. A pre-school infant could draw better.

• Football, and it's culture. *cringes*

•  Red Tape. Just been helping an elderly neighbour fill out a form issued by the council - actually it's a book - for Housing Benefit. A Philadelphia Lawyer would have problems with it.

• Nail Bars. Springing up like mushrooms. Has the female population lost the ability to use a nail file, or a nail polish brush ?

• People who give themselves exalted and over-the-top job titles. (Personal Trainer = PE Instructor - Nail Technician = Manicurist - Hair Artist = Hairdresser).
Message 30 of 45
Latest reply