The 'RANT' Thread.

So, what gets up your hooter ? What makes your hackles rise, so much so that even just thinking about it, practically induces an apoplectic fit ? Could be anything, a news item, something you encounter in everyday life, drivers/driving, work/housework, public transport, politics/politician, a TV programme, teenagers, a certain commodity or product, a celebrity, mode of dress, a sport, social media sites, mobile phone users, advertising, tattoos, the weather, tin rattlers, technology, bad service, modern architecture, overuse of the word 'amazing', certain music, user manuals, call centres, a neighbour, anything at all that gets you all steamed up.

They say just letting vent on paper has a cathartic effect. Dusty Springfield, when something annoyed her, would buy a bag full of cheap crockery from Woollies, and smash it all individually up against the wall. Now I'm not advocating going to that extreme, but unbutton your waistcoat, loosen your stays, and just put it all down in typeface on here. You'll feel much better for it. Honest.

Please Note. Be mindful of the Board rules and regulations - No foul language - Thank You.

Go...

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

The 'RANT' Thread.

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Message 2 of 45
Latest reply

The 'RANT' Thread.

another sunday.jpg

Message 3 of 45
Latest reply

The 'RANT' Thread.

Message 4 of 45
Latest reply

The 'RANT' Thread.

*pepe
Community Member

i have learned that getting riled up over trivial matters is really pointless and an absolute waste of energy and time that could be spent doing something you enjoy.

Message 5 of 45
Latest reply

The 'RANT' Thread.

What really rubs my nub is the fact that last Christmas I got a sweater........when I specifically asked for a moaner or a screamer......

Oh, and the conservatives here in the US blaming Obama for events that occurred a decade ago, and even now, accusing him of being a foreigner......

Message 6 of 45
Latest reply

The 'RANT' Thread.

Not much upsets my apple cart.

This manages a frown :thUG9KKW9V.jpg

Message 7 of 45
Latest reply

The 'RANT' Thread.

"Bro" and the french version "Breaux"

The hand clasp/grip while thumping/clashing chests as a greeting between the "Bro's"

DEB

Message 8 of 45
Latest reply

The 'RANT' Thread.

Oh Yes agree.

But this I don't mind.

th4B9GT7OB.jpg

Message 9 of 45
Latest reply

The 'RANT' Thread.

ecar3483
Community Member

Being stopped, in the street, by a person representing a charitable organisation, who wants to sign me up to a monthly debit plan.

Every time, I gently explain that, for instance, the price of petrol doesn't stay the same from one month to the next, which means that I can't guarantee there would be sufficient funds in my account to cover the debit.

Prices fluctuate, but the amount of money available doesn't, so the necessities of life take precedence over all other concerns.

They look at me as if I'm from the Middle Ages, and explaining the benefits of a three field crop rotation system.

I'm so tempted, at times, to ask them if they've moved out of home, yet...

Message 10 of 45
Latest reply