Tony Abbott and his Oath and Affirmation to the Queen of England and Heirs

Uploaded on Sep 27, 2010

On 28 September, 2010, on the first day of the 43rd Parliament, the Leader of the Opposition, Tony Abbott, his hand on the Bible, swore the Oath of Allegiance with other senior shadow ministers.

The following forms, prescribed by the Constitution were used:

OATH 

I, A.B., do swear that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Her heirs and successors according to law. 

SO HELP ME GOD! 

AFFIRMATION 

I, A.B., do solemnly and sincerely affirm and declare that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty QueenElizabeth II, Her heirs and successors according to law.

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Tony Abbott and his Oath and Affirmation to the Queen of England and Heirs

@izabsmiling wrote:

Icy and Silver, this is not a thread where interpersonal disputes are on topic.

Thankyou

interpersonal??? are you playing the interpersonal card to bring posters to the attention of the mods?

Nobody brought up interpersonal here except you. I was  asking a polite question on what this topic was  about and apparently its a general discussion as you said but that doesn’t relate to the topic  so I’m confused.

Message 31 of 43
Latest reply

@silverfaun wrote:

@izabsmiling wrote:

Thankyou

interpersonal??? are you playing the interpersonal card to bring posters to the attention of the mods?

Nobody brought up interpersonal here except you. I was  asking a polite question on what this topic was  about and apparently its a general discussion as you said but that doesn’t relate to the topic  so I’m confused.

so, probably best not to participate if confused.

Message 32 of 43
Latest reply

@boris1gary wrote:

@silverfaun wrote:

@izabsmiling wrote:

Thankyou

I will post on any thread I like and gratuitous 3rd party replies from all the snipes  you post,  replying to my posts, I would say are interpersonal as well.

Message 33 of 43
Latest reply

@silverfaun wrote:

@boris1gary wrote:

@silverfaun wrote:

@izabsmiling wrote:

Thankyou

I will post on any thread I like and gratuitous 3rd party replies from all the snipes  you post,  replying to my posts, I would say are interpersonal as well.

As I will reply to whatever post i wish to. Nothing interpersonal but of course you may say whatever you wish.

Message 34 of 43
Latest reply

from the op

Mr Abbott has insisted he will stick to Australia’s commitment to the United Nations to cut emissions by 5 per cent by 2020, though critics say his current policies will make it impossible.

Business groups have been urging the government to reduce or abolish Australia’s current renewable energy target, which aims to produce 20 per cent of power by 2020. Critics say the target is driving up power prices and that current planning may exceed the target because electricity demand has been dropping.

Mr Abbott, who once described climate change as "absolute bleep" – a comment he later recanted - is abolishing the carbon tax and instead introducing a plan to pay polluters to reduce emissions. Many analysts believe the so-called “direct action” plan will fail to meet Australia’s emissions targets.

Message 35 of 43
Latest reply

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/jan/31/climate-change-sceptics-headless-chickens-prince-...

Climate change sceptics are 'headless chickens', says Prince Charles
Charles uses green awards speech at Buckingham Palace to renew attack on 'powerful groups of deniers'

The Prince of Wales has launched an attack on climate change sceptics, describing them as the "headless chicken brigade" and accusing "powerful groups of deniers" of engaging in intimidation

Charles, who has long campaigned to raise awareness of global warming and has hit out at sceptics in the past, unleashed his latest salvo during an awards ceremony at Buckingham Palace for green entrepreneurs.

"It is baffling, I must say, that in our modern world we have such blind trust in science and technology that we all accept what science tells us about everything - until, that is, it comes to climate science," the prince said in a speech on Thursday evening.

"All of a sudden, and with a barrage of sheer intimidation, we are told by powerful groups of deniers that the scientists are wrong and we must abandon all our faith in so much overwhelming scientific evidence.

"So, thank goodness for our young entrepreneurs here this evening, who have the far-sightedness and confidence in what they know is happening to ignore the headless chicken brigade and do something practical to help."

Message 36 of 43
Latest reply

Re posting anything from the yellow press and its  fellow travellers is best ignored, at worst pour scorn on anything the guardian prints as ultra left wing tripe.

Message 37 of 43
Latest reply

Scientists are all liars. I still don't believe the internet exists. Proof lol
Message 38 of 43
Latest reply

tumblr_m9a54rfgHw1rrimczo1_1280.png

Message 39 of 43
Latest reply

@spotweldersfriend wrote:
Scientists are all liars. I still don't believe the internet exists. Proof lol

Yep and Prince Charles is obviously a communistratbagpinkogroupthinker.Woman LOL

Message 40 of 43
Latest reply