Upgrade to windows 10

Should I?

A link has appeared on my computer to upgrade for free, dont want to upgrade and then find that windows 10 has lots of issues or something. I have windows 7 at the moment.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Upgrade to windows 10

Running Win 7 but badly need a new laptop but am holding off as they all come with Win 8.  I've heard classic shell will make it behave like Win 7,  has anybody tried it? 

As noted in an earlier post, I downloaded it, and it works quite well.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

My son was saying they are offering 10 at no cost because they are trying to claw back some favour with all those people who were unimpressed with 8 ...

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

ecar3483
Community Member

I've read a couple of reviews and... It's free for the first year...

That's about where it stops being attractive to me, but that's probably because I'm one of those tech-dinosaurs.

It seems to be gimmick on top of gimmick. I had a hard enough time (I still do) getting around Windows 8, the last thing I want is more confusing and, on the face of things, pointless add-ons that just bleed any semblance of pleasure from the computing experience.

I read something about retinal scans replacing passwords. What? When did this become a James Bond movie? Lol.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

I'd leave well alone if I were you, OP. Windows 8 was an absolute disaster, and foisted on the public far too soon, and before it was thought through properly. I have just had a new solid state hard drive installed into my laptop (5 years old) because, although I quite fancy a new one, I am reticent to change from Windows 7. Does everything I want it to do, I like the interface, and it's user friendly.

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

i love Wins 8 & aren't upgrading anytime soon Smiley Very Happy

_________________________________________________________________________________Ukraine Serbian residing in NZ who reads most PREVIOUS thread posts before posting her own.
Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

cool

back when i bought a new W8 macjine, it cost more for a W7 OS

im goin' for it

Signatures suck.
Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

firefox.jpg

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/rn/podcast/2015/07/bst_20150723_0846.mp3

This technician recommends Windows 10 and says it is superior to 8.  He says it is the last version of Windows and to "go for it".

I would appreciate any opinions or advice from people here who are tech savvy.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply