WIfi only ipad question

My mum is trying to help an elderly lady get connected to the internet. Mrs Wilson has a wifi only ipad and wants to connect at home, what exactly does she need to get? A wireless router?

Sorry if it's a stupid question but I've been googling and I'm getting confused ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: WIfi only ipad question

Lol, of course it's portable, you said that Smiley Embarassed

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

I have used a portable wireless hotspot for a number of years. the one in the pic is the best one i have had and it is the latest offering from telstra.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

This looks just like what is needed, just looking at them now. I'll get a few prices together for her to look at.

Thanks so much for your help ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

I wonder if this one would might be suitable, we don't get 4G here anyway. I imagine her internet usage will be fairly light as well.

Screen Shot 2014-04-05 at 10.06.47 PM.png

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

Yep, that's the one I've got.  If I'm travelling, I just put it in my handbag.  Works well.

I've just got a Samsung tablet and it has a micro usb port which you can buy a adaptor for so I could use a dongle also.

photo 214a93fa3a9e326200857a2dbc30e730_zps379416e4.jpg
Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

That must be how you can have so many isp addresses I suppose.

It's a bit like that new tv series on at the moment.  Secrets and Lies.  Sometimes it takes a week, sometimes it takes years.

Joono
Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

I have adidtional software to do that task J ๐Ÿ™‚

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

Lol, another stupid question. These gadgets have a sim in them that you just purchase data packs for (assuming you go prepaid)?

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

You can get a prepaid service that lasts 12 months and costs $180 and gives you 10 Gb and you just recharge it when either the 12 months is up or the 10Gb has been used upif there is still crediton the service when the 12 months are up and you recharge you get to retain any credit from the previous 12 months

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

Yep sounds perfect for her, thanks for everyones help ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply