WIfi only ipad question

My mum is trying to help an elderly lady get connected to the internet. Mrs Wilson has a wifi only ipad and wants to connect at home, what exactly does she need to get? A wireless router?

Sorry if it's a stupid question but I've been googling and I'm getting confused ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: WIfi only ipad question

Don't forget antivirus protection.

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

Does that device use z SIM card? If so would it take a Travel SIM? That would make it useful if you were travelling overseas

Creator of the Most Awesome Thread Topic EVER

If you decide on one make sure it is a device that can be unlocked from the ISP if you intend traveling overseas

The one in the picture is not able to be unlocked..............as yet

There are many others that can be unlocked

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

Also it needes to be a prepaid type

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

@cosmosgrove wrote:

This looks just like what is needed, just looking at them now. I'll get a few prices together for her to look at.

Thanks so much for your help ๐Ÿ™‚

Before deciding it would pay to find out what she wants and needs and what the mobile service is like in the area.

Devices with a sim use the mobile network which is not reliable in some areas and if she wants to use much data can get expensive.

Alternatively sometimes it's impossible to get a decent ADSL connection and people have no choice but fixed or mobile wireless.

Wifi can be used on any of the alternatives with the right device.  

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply