Well, well. I wonder who is behind this set up? (political)

So the union RC is pulling out a few surprises.

Blewitts solicitor is in the firing line again - first he pays all of Blewistts expenses plus some in order for the old codger to testify against Gillard.

Now it seems he bribed Wilson to make falso allegations about the money that was used to supposedly pay for Gillard renovations.

Looks like that RC (aka witch hunt) has not quite gone to plan. A bit like the previous 2 RCs instigated by the LIberal Party - a fizzer. Albeit an EXPENSIVE fizzer.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/lawyer-harry-nowicki-denies-allegations-from-b...

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Well, well. I wonder who is behind this set up? (political)

Nowicki is not a highly reputable lawyer.

He has a beef with Slater and Gordon due to his failure to sell shares in his law firm to S&G.

He has also been fined $15000 for professional misconduct in the past.  

The RC hearing is being live streamed at rcommedia.com.au/turc/live

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Do police normally write statements for people appearing at Royal Commissions?

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Legal Services Commissioner v Nowicki (Legal Practice) [2011] VCAT 1003 (24 May 2011)

ORDER

The applicant’s application is amended in the terms of the amended application for orders dated 20 May 2011.

In respect of the finding of professional misconduct, being misconduct at common law (Charge 1A), the respondent is:
(a) reprimanded; and
(b) to pay a fine of $15,000 to the Legal Services Board within one month of the date of the making of this order by the Tribunal.

In respect of the finding of unsatisfactory professional conduct (Charge 4), the respondent is reprimanded.
The respondent is to pay a contribution to the applicant’s costs of these proceedings in the amount of $15,000 to the applicant within one month of the date of the making of this order by the Tribunal.

M.F. Macnamara
Deputy President

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/sinodisp/au/cases/vic/VCAT/2011/1003.html?stem=0&synonyms=0&query=...
Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Not sure what that letter you C&P'ed was in aid of.

Nowicki is appearing more and more shady with every passing day.

As for the payments to Blewett, these were not done in the line of his research work. He offered to pay all expenses (and who knows what else) if Blewett would testify against Gillard at a Royal Commission. It's just not kosher.

And as someone pointed out, he has a bee in his bonnet about Slater and Gordon. Can't remember why now...

Quite frankly he sounds like an egotistical fruitloop that has no sense of right or wrong.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

martini: Quite frankly he sounds like an egotistical fruitloop that has no sense of right or wrong.

You hit the mark there, I think.

But a former friend says Nowicki was never averse to publicity and, in recent times, has actively courted the media. ''He's on a mission. Any chance to get in the spotlight and he's there. He's the sort of bloke that when you walk down the street he's looking to see who's looking at him,'' the legal source said.

SMH

11 June 2014

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply