What do you REALLY think about people with Tattoos?

GO

Message 1 of 182
Latest reply
181 REPLIES 181

Re: What do you REALLY think about people with Tattoos?

What rubbish.  A few roos in the top paddock is a common Australian idiom and is well known by many Americans on other chat boards as well as ebay.com.

Lalbo is most definitely an American ebay member that chose to come here after an invitation by Dom most likely.  Come on buddy.  Don't get **bleep**y.

Message 101 of 182
Latest reply

batchie Smiley Very Happy

Message 102 of 182
Latest reply

@hannahmallory wrote:

What rubbish.  A few roos in the top paddock is a common Australian idiom and is well known by many Americans on other chat boards as well as ebay.com.

Lalbo is most definitely an American ebay member that chose to come here after an invitation by Dom most likely.  Come on buddy.  Don't get **bleep**y.

I can say that chameloeon54 is one of the most respected posters here. He has also frustrated me a few times as we don't agree on some issues like GM etc.. and I feel that he had held on to his view without seeing my point. But he has been fair, intelligent and didn't resort to attacking me. And he was probably right on a few points.

The member you're defending is registered  here in Australia and there's more I want to say but can't due to a group of bullies that work together. This group of bullies control another forum here by humiliating and ganging up on people who come for advice about dealing with problem sellers. They have quietened down a little in rrecent times.

Message 103 of 182
Latest reply

I can agree with that, apart from your first sentence.

Message 104 of 182
Latest reply

You don't think that a sock ID seeking refuge here, possibly banned from other forums, threatening to report a poster for an indirect reference to an Aussie saying is a total overreaction???

I would call that "batchie" and getting "shirty"

Totally agree with 4channel in saying that Chameleon is one of the more thoughtful and balanced posters here.

I reckon the Kangaroos in his top paddock hop around in well-ordered formation.

Woman LOL

Message 105 of 182
Latest reply

@hannahmallory wrote:

That's a very interesting observation Hannah. It lines up with my suspicions of who's hand is in the sock. I,m sure it has been great fun for someone to invent an " American " sock puppet to stir up a few of the regulars on the forums and get everyone guessing about its identity.

But when the puppet is simply used as a nasty mouthpiece to put people down and make up extra numbers for the " pile on " it has moved from a game to simply being spiteful and nasty.

Unfortunately the execution with Australian id registration, not allowing for international time differences, a familiarity with Australian language, a familiarity with regular posters and forum politics and the rapid move to nasty put downs is not consistent with a new international poster and gives the game away.

Its time for the sock puppet to go back to the dirty wash basket.

Message 106 of 182
Latest reply

It fits beautifully on my screen because I have a computer, so it may depend on what you're using to browse the messageboard with. I prefer computers when I can because of the nice big size, have to admit.

But even though I can see it clearly, I must be a bit slow this morning because I can't figure out what a scrunched up bit of aluminium foil versus American flag socks means.

Edit. Just sank in. Must be tin foil hats and sock puppets? On another forum, we called it multinicks. Just mentioning as a matter of general interest.

Message 107 of 182
Latest reply

I've been thinking.

Now my head hurts,my feet stink & I don't love Jesus... thank you Jimmy.

Community Spirit is listed under Fun and Social.

Perhaps for threads like this eBay could start a new Category.

It could be called Not Much Fun & Mostly Anti Social.

jmo

Message 108 of 182
Latest reply

@hannahmallory wrote:

Lalbo is most definitely an American ebay member that chose to come here. after an invitation by Dom most likely.  Come on buddy.   Wrong. People are free to choose where & when they post. Don't get **bleep**y.

Message 109 of 182
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

@hannahmallory wrote:

That's a very interesting observation Hannah. It lines up with my suspicions of who's hand is in the sock. I,m sure it has been great fun for someone to invent an " American " sock puppet to stir up a few of the regulars on the forums and get everyone guessing about its identity.

If one were to use a ' sock ' why choose to be an American on an Australian Board.

But when the puppet is simply used as a nasty mouthpiece to put people down and make up extra numbers for the " pile on " it has moved from a game to simply being spiteful and nasty.

Unfortunately the execution with Australian id registration, not allowing for international time differences, a familiarity with Australian language, a familiarity with regular posters and forum politics and the rapid move to nasty put downs is not consistent with a new international poster and gives the game away.

Its time for the sock puppet to go back to the dirty wash basket.

I'll take this as the direct accusation it is Cham.

You do me more credit than I deserve - to be able to recall two personalities - two very different personalities at that.

I saw the ' deep south ' mentioned - no idea - they were a few of the States I didn't visit.

Mentioned also - a live in granddaughter - a greatgranddaughter - a couple of DILs - bikers & tats - and cooking. lol

I have one 31 year old single daughter - she is enough to recall.

And just why would I use a ' sock ' now having used this ID for the past 4 years - never another - same on the US board I post on - your powers of deduction Sherlock - need refining.

Finally - I make my own comments - no need of another ID - I get too big a kick out of stirring my own pot.

Your apology would be appreciated - and time to clean your own laundry.

Message 110 of 182
Latest reply