What travel agency to use to come visit you people down under?

Hi guys, I am starting the process of a trip to Oz, and wondering what a good travel agency might be. OR, is there a better way to come on over and dive your reef, and do some motorcycle travel?

OR, should I just jump in a rickity boat and float on in and cry amnesty? I don't want to stay too long, maybe a couple months at best.

You guys have an interesting visa, I forget what it is called, but rather cheap and multiple use.

What airline would you recommend?

Thanks

Dave

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

marwi5023
Community Member
Whatever you do don't come here with a backpack. We love killing backpackers
Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

downunder wave.gif       Airline?   Qantas, of course.

We love new meat  visitors

Related image

Related image

Not everything in Australia wants to kill you.

We have the Happiest Animal on Earth who loves to take selfies - The Quokka

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=quokka+selfies&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj8gaLO-JXcAhV...

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Flying Kangaroo Airlines

flying-kangaroo-bar-dan-duggan-beijing-1-678x381.jpg

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

The Lady Penrhyn carried many happy visitors to Australia

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Best you choose a nice day for your trip

feb-07-1863-orpheus-sinking.jpg

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

So what I'm hearing is to take sail or take a cruize ship. Could be fun, I don't particularly like flying.

Found this when searching for sailing to Austrailia. Don't know if you ever heard bluegrass. I just picture you guys staring at a portrait of the Queen, sipping tea. laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htb84WfTg2c

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

Piggy all these helpful people who responded to you 

work for Aussie Travel Agents Woman Embarassed

So their advice is spot on.

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

@piggysplace wrote:

Hi guys, I am starting the process of a trip to Oz, and wondering what a good travel agency might be. OR, is there a better way to come on over and dive your reef, and do some motorcycle travel?

OR, should I just jump in a rickity boat and float on in and cry amnesty? I don't want to stay too long, maybe a couple months at best.

You guys have an interesting visa, I forget what it is called, but rather cheap and multiple use.

What airline would you recommend?

Thanks

Dave

Your best bet is to have a look at a few sites and figure out where you'd like to go, what you want to see. Then narrow it down. It would be too tiring to try to see it all.

This is a big country, most of the people live in the main cities and there is a lot of space in between. I'm not saying that nothing in that space is worth seeing but there's an awful lot of it which can make for too much travel, not enough time doing things unless you are careful.

I hate flying too, although quite possibly I could handle first class beautifully. Sure I could. But cattle class*shudder*. I recently found 10 hour flights enough.

So far, I am getting that you probably will see Sydney & far north Qld.

Choose your time of year carefully. Draw a horizontal line through the middle of Aust. The top half is not so great during our 'summer' or  what is their wet season. Too humid.

The bottom half tends to have 4 seasons and be a bit milder.

If you want to do far north Queensland, Then you might be better to come any time except eg Nov-Feb.

I'm speaking from my own experience as a Victorian, I find too much heat and humidity defeats me. I suppose it is what you're used to & where in USA you come from.

When I was up there a few years back (in Sept-Oct) we met an American couple on a tour. They were sitting under a tree and said they could hardly wait to get to melbourne (in the South) as the heat & humidity was too much for them. That was the start of Oct. It was already like a sauna by lunchtime.

There are some good little cruises that go to Far North Queensland from Sydney. We went on one a few years back and were able to book a reef trip on one of the days. You only get a few hours on the reef though. If you are after a longer experience you may want to stay eg in Cairns for a few days.

If you look on sites such as groupon, they often have good deals for stays like that.

We booked a coach holiday once through globaljourneys (well, it was the relaxing journeys part of their company) and they were good, always quick to get back to us. They had a good website to read reviews, summaries of trips, usual age group on them etc

Airlines-depends on what you are after. If you go with one of the budget airlines for domestic travel here though, don't dare be a minute late with check in or they won't let you on board the plane. And weigh the luggage to the last gram. otherwise they are okay-no meals included but get you to the destination.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

Reminds me of a story Billy Connolly told about FNQ.

He and a couple of mates were on a long driving trip north, and after 3 or 4 hours they were dying for a swim.

So the first decent beach they spot, they scream to a halt, jump out of the car, and all sprint for the water, yelling and screaming like kids.

Suddenly the leader stops dead and as the rest crash into him he says "Hang on, fellas, there could be sharks here!"

Silence.

Then one of them spots an old fella sitting further up the beach, idly dangling an old surf rod in the water.

So they up to him, and say "G'day mate, etc, etc," then "Tell us china, are there any sharks here".

"Nah, nah, no sharks here, mate".

"Beauty!" they yell and head for the water again, flat out.

Until, just as they get their feet wet, they hear the old bloke continuing the conversation in the usual long, slow, FNQ style "The crocs ate all the sharks years ago".

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply