What travel agency to use to come visit you people down under?

Hi guys, I am starting the process of a trip to Oz, and wondering what a good travel agency might be. OR, is there a better way to come on over and dive your reef, and do some motorcycle travel?

OR, should I just jump in a rickity boat and float on in and cry amnesty? I don't want to stay too long, maybe a couple months at best.

You guys have an interesting visa, I forget what it is called, but rather cheap and multiple use.

What airline would you recommend?

Thanks

Dave

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I found a round trip ticket from MEL to LAX for A$957 so there must be cheaper tickets around.

Usually around A$1500 which would be around US$1250.

image host
Message 21 of 23
Latest reply

@this-one-time-at-bandcamp wrote:

Coming, as a kid from the States to Oz, we took a liner to Hawaii, then a Pan-Am clipper to Sydney.  Returning, we sailed on the Oransay to San Francisco.  Those were fun days, for a 10 year-old.  Met my first girl friend on board, her name was Gail Le Bas De Plumetot, the daughter of a French consular official.

Going back to Denmark from here when I was12, I met a girl in Bangkok from Connecticut, Connie Stevens, turns out it wasn't the famous actress. Smiley Very Happy

We wrote to each other for years.

But i was held as a baby by Natalie Wood and Shirley Maclaine. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 22 of 23
Latest reply

I think I may have found my mode of transportation. I'll need to contact them for details, but traveling by cargo ship sounds like a blast. Having worked in various trades my whole life. Getting show around a cargo ship would be so much fun. I hear the fares are about $100-$150 a day.  Sounds like a great adventure.

Now to figure out the best time to head out.

https://www.freightercruises.com/

http://www.cma-cgm.com/products-services/cargo-cruise

Message 23 of 23
Latest reply