Who Even Uses Egg Cups Nowadays?

Remember when ppl used to have a soft-boiled perched in an egg cup, on a saucer? Maybe a cpl slices of buttered toast on the side?

Tap the egg with your knife and cut the top off it and spoon the soft yolk out. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper?

Who does that these days?

Nobody.

Message 1 of 134
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I came across these!

I'm not sure if it's the egg cups or the toast soldier cutter outers that made me smile

egg cup toast soldiers.JPG

egg cup toast soldiers1.JPG

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.

View solution in original post

Message 126 of 134
Latest reply
133 REPLIES 133

I remember doing just that as special treat from Granmar Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 134
Latest reply

I actually had one last week........used one of the war department's collectible egg cups.......Torquay Mottoware.

Message 3 of 134
Latest reply

It was always a special thing wasn't it?

Not many people even sit down to breakfast these days.

I don't have breakfast at all. I just get up get ready have 2 cups of coffee and go to work. I have something to eat at morning tea time.

Hubs has his weetbix standing up at the sink looking out the window.

Lots of ppl at work breakfast when they get here and it's always a mad dash to get bowls spoons milk cereal, sometimes you can't get in the door it's so busy with ppl preparing their breakfast.

Then they take it to their desks and eat while they work. Then the empty bowls sit on the side of their desks all day by which time the cereal has set like concrete.

Then they leave them in the sink to soak and someone else has to pick them up and put them in the dishwasher.

Message 4 of 134
Latest reply

My OH does regularly. I see a lot of egg cups in the op shops. 🙂

My son who doesn't live at home wanted a soft boiled egg. He said on facebook that he couldn't because he didn't own an eggcup. My other son answered him with a good idea. He said just use the egg carton hole the egg came out of. I hadn't even thought of that. lol.

Message 5 of 134
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

Remember when ppl used to have a soft-boiled perched in an egg cup, on a saucer? Maybe a cpl slices of buttered toast on the side?

Tap the egg with your knife and cut the top off it and spoon the soft yolk out. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper?

Nobody.

so....did you read this in the telegraph? or has there been a nationwide survey that I missed? 

Message 6 of 134
Latest reply

I still use them sometimes.  Egg in an egg cup e - e - E musical.gif

Joono
Message 7 of 134
Latest reply

I use mine all the time.  We call them dippy eggs. Soft bolied eggs in a cup with buttered toast fingers to dip in the eggs. I'm always looking out for egg cups at garage sales ect I bought some recently at a garage sale (6 of them) for two bucks 🙂

Message 8 of 134
Latest reply

@boris1gary wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

Nobody.

so....did you read this in the telegraph? or has there been a nationwide survey that I missed? 

lol actually I got the idea from one of your responses, I forget which thread: "if we get bored with politics we can always start a thread about egg cups".

Sorry I stole your idea, but I thought it was a good one 🙂

Message 9 of 134
Latest reply

I use my egg cups all the time. I love a soft boiled egg with toast soldiers

Message 10 of 134
Latest reply