Yanny vs Laurel

I distinctly heard L aurel each time......yet so many heard Yanny, does anyone know how/why this works?  The ABC  said they would explain later but i had to turn the  radio off. 

Same thing as the blue vs the gold dress.  Some time ago.  

Sorry no time to find a link but google will do so.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Yanny vs Laurel

I first heard it on the radio when I was driving home from work. I heard laurel. 

I couldn’t figure out all the fuss. The next night, it was on tv on the news and I heard yanny! 

I cant explain it. 

I must have an itch in both ears 😂😂😂

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

It's a shame we weren't able to hear it without knowing it was either Yanny or Laurel. As mentioned, our brain is conditioned to explain observations based upon the evidence. I once watched a mouth that looked like it was pronouncing a word beginning with "B". All I could hear was the word, "Bar", when in fact the word was "Far", I think. But no matter how hard I tried, all I could hear when I looked at the mouth speaking was "Bar". My brain would not allow me to question the evidence. But then maybe a better brain might have been able to LOL.

Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

I had another listen

But now, all I can hear is

Spoiler
Penny
Penny
Penny
Penny 
Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

@enigmabear wrote:

Still all Yanny Woman Happy

Any change from yesterday?

Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

It is rigged.....my OH hears Laurel, the same as I do and he has been diagnosed with significant deafness whereas my hearing is excellent.Smiley LOL

Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

Still got my Yanny on

Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

On Friday, I was downstairs, the radio was upstairs.

I heard Yanny.

Came upstairs and heard Laurel    pigtails.gif

Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

I just listened to this again, really carefully. Each time I heard two distinct words at the same time. The man's deep voice said laurel on each occasion while a higher scratchy yanny followed the word laurel. If you only focus on the man's deep voice, all you hear is laurel. I also just read an article on the guy who recorded the word and he confirmed he said laurel.

Message 29 of 29
Latest reply