rarest kind of one of the worlds most common birds found in Melbourne-check this little guy out!

want to watch something that is pretty amazing and rare?

little white angel...

http://www.theage.com.au/technology/sci-tech/the-rarest-kind-of-one-of-the-worlds-most-common-birds-...

Heart

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

rarest kind of one of the worlds most common birds found in Melbourne-check this little guy out!

Lucky the little blighter lives in Victoria - any sparrow that pokes its head over the WA border is shot on sight.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

Lucky the little blighter lives in Victoria - any sparrow that pokes its head over the WA border is shot on sight.

Yep, another reason Victoria is a great state Woman Happy

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

I saw that gorgeous little white sparrow on last night's news.  We never see any sparrows around our garden any more, but every week I meet my parents at a coffee shop where we sit outdoors and Dad always brings bread for the sparrows.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Years ago I had a sparrow who had lost a wing to a cat attack. He survived but had to live with my birds,he nested with a white female canary and had several chicks over 4 years there were a few that were white like that fellow so I wonder if he is part canary.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

I wonder amalan.. the white sparrow did remind me a bit of a canary come to think of it

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

That is so wild! 

My son has a yellow canary- flash- and little white angel reminds me of him..

Amalan, did your other birds accept him?

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

TGSE--do they still have the snipers waiting for the ships in Freo harbour?

Saw a doco recently on the TV---at some places along the Nullabor coast-

set ups with live baited traps-manned by back packers-to catch

the sparrows trying to cross the border overland..............................Richo.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Yes they were fine ,it was all zebra finchs,society finchs and 3 canaries . I remember for the first few nights he would sleep on the floor in a box and a couple of zebs sat with him till he was better of course  his wing died and dropped off and after a while he got good at hopping up sticks to roost .I was amazed when he got with the canary though he always seemed happy ... lived another 6 years or so 

Unfortunately  all the sparrows have disappeared  in the last 5 years I have no idea where they went they are dear little things.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

I shoot every sparrow I can. Introduced birds that compete with native species which are much more beautiful than an ugly old sparrow
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply